Thursday, January 10, 2019

#AmReading + #AmWatching - January 10th 2019 #Reviews

It's time to take a look at what I've been reading and watching since the start of January.

If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.

Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Don't forget: I read and watch things across multiple genres, as well as for different age ranges, so you should always check before reading or viewing, to make certain something is suitable for the intended audience, especially when children are involved.

OK...

Here's what I read this week:

A Wizard of Earthsea (Earthsea Cycle, #1)A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was a pretty good read. It didn't grab my attention and hold it fast or anything, but I did enjoy it once I got in to it. It's quite slow-paced though, so if you like your fantasy to be fast-paced and action-packed, this probably isn't for you. Like I said though, I thought it was a pretty good read.

Divided Paths (Afterlife, #4)Divided Paths by Katrina Cope
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book was an awesome read! It's a fantastic addition to the series, but also a wonderful read in its own right. The plot grabs your attention right away, and holds it through an emotional and action-packed rollercoaster ride until the end. The only thing that stopped me reading this book in one sitting was the fact other commitments, and the requirement of sleep, made it impossible.
*NOTE: I was given a free advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This fact has in no way influenced either my opinion of the book, or the contents of my review.

I did also read another book. I re-read "Wuthering Heights" too. However, since I've read it before, I don't need to review it. Besides, the fact I re-read it should be enough to tell you I enjoyed it, since I'm not likely to read something again if I didn't enjoy it the first time.

As for what I've been watching:

I haven't watched any movies since the start of January - new to me or otherwise. I did watch a DVD though. Where I keep only watching a DVD here, and another there... The most I've managed in one day is two DVDs... I'm still trying to get caught up with what I have of NCIS, even though I only have up to about season 10. Anyway, I've now almost finished season 7. I watched disk five of six in season 7 of NCIS on the weekend. The chinchillas are more caught up on NCIS than I am, since they've been watching it on TV. Good thing they're happy to watch it again. Anyway, I have nothing new to me that needs to be reviewed, but at least I watched a DVD that I wanted/needed to catch up on watching.

4 comments:

robbiesinspiration said...

Nice reviews, Tori. Greg has The Wizard of Earthsea but he hasn't started it yet. I am not sure if he'll like it if it is slow paced.

Jeanie said...

I love it that the chinchillas are more ahead on NCIS than you!

Victoria Zigler said...

Robbie:
Glad you liked the reviews. I'm trying to be more detailed with my reviews than just, "I enjoyed it." ;)

Well, encourage Greg to give it a go. Maybe he'll enjoy it anyhow. You never know.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yeah, I know, it's funny, isn't it? It's true though.