Thursday, September 12, 2019

#AmReading + #AmWatching - September 12th 2019 #Reviews

A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it.
~Edward P. Morgan

It's time to take a look at what I've been reading and watching during this past week.

If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.

Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Don't forget: I read and watch things across multiple genres, as well as for different age ranges, so you should always check before reading or viewing, to make certain something is suitable for the intended audience, especially when children are involved.

OK...

Here's what I read this week:

The Selected Poems of K MorrisThe Selected Poems of K Morris by K. Morris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a wonderful collection of poems by this author. I remember many of them from other collections I’ve read by him, but didn’t mind reading those again. It was difficult to pick favourites to mention in this review, because I have half a dozen favourites just from section one (the book is split in to several sections). I really love the poem “Why Do I Write?” though. “Lost” and “Raining” are also favourites of mine.

As for what I've been watching:

Other than some "Friends" and "NCIS" reruns, and episodes of "Futurama" and "The Simpsons" that were on when I was in the living room at various points throughout the week, I haven't watched anything. I was only half watching those things even, since it's just that they happened to be what was on TV when I was in there. I did plan to watch some DVDs on the weekend, but when I realized how close I was to having my new book ready for publication, I had a working weekend so I could finish getting it ready.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reviewing my "Selected Poems", Tori. Kevin

Victoria Zigler said...

Kevin:
You're very welcome.

Jeanie said...

I'm still working down the Midsomer Murders and Victoria!

Rita said...

Friends is on Netflix and I have been thinking of watching it again here and there.

Have a great weekend! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Hope you're enjoying them. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Doesn't surprise me it's on there.

You have a great weekend too. :)