Friday, September 13, 2019

Friends Of #FurkidFriday: Daisy Mae

Hi everyone. This is Lilie the Westie.

I've got another new friend for you to meet today. Her name is Daisy Mae.

Hey, Daisy Mae, that's a pretty name. Is there an interesting story behind it? If so, I'd love to hear it.

Yes there is a story. My name means flower but I obviously wasn't named for the meaning of my name. No, the real story comes how I came to get a furever home and how I got my name.

You see one night My Mamma told me we were going on a little field trip only in the evening. My Mamma said to me, I know this house where there are people who feed cats like you and since you have good lungs you meow as loud as you can until they take you in. The man will be the hardest so really work on him. Well since my owner was working that night, her parents were really nice and went and picked her up. When they came home my now owner came out of the garage and her parents said, see if you can hear what sounds like a kitten meowing. She did and sure enough they took me in. Well I was put in a warm garage.

Then a few days later, some more of the family came over for the nephew's fourth birthday party. That
1 was on September 12, 2006. The scary part was when the adults let the nieces and nephew name me but as it turns out, I got a real good name.

What's even funnier is, the man of the house which was my owner's father said and I quote "I will let another animal in the house when pigs fly". Well I got a furever home so pigs must have flown. My Mamma kept coming around until she was sure I was being taken care of real good.

That's a great story, with a very happy ending. So, what species and breed are you? I'm guessing cat by that story, right? But what kind of cat are you?

I'm strictly an indoor cat and I think I am a Tuxedo cat due to my coloring and it looks like I'm wearing a tuxedo.

Really? Describe your appearance.

Well I'm a very dark charcoal or black with a white chin chopper, White down my chest, White fur throughout the dark color and my paws are White with pink pads. In my opinion, I'm a little cutie.

You sound like it... For a cat. Mummy sure thinks you sound like a little cutie anyhow. Oh, and here's a photo of you for those who can see photos to see how much of a cutie you are.


By the way, what sort of place do you live in? Who do you share it with?

I live in a house that is 100+ years old. So you know the house has all kinds of places for a cat to explore. I have been rescued so many times because I get myself in tight spots. But O it is fun to explore an old house. I love it.

I share this wonderful old house with three other people. I used to share it with three other people and a Rescue Tabby Cat named Tigger but she went to Rainbow Bridge on 9-11-2015. The three people I share it with are wonderful people and owners.

Sorry about Tigger, but glad the people are wonderful, and you have fun exploring the house. Speaking of fun things, what's your favourite thing to do?

When I was a kitten I loved playing and exploring but now that I am soon to be 13 years old well, I still play, explore and I do a lot of sleeping. But then what cat doesn't? MOL.

I don't know many cats, but Mummy says that sounds about right for a cat, so I'll take her word for it - and yours. Anyway, when you do play, do you have a favourite toy?

Yes I do. My favourite toy is playing pole. Let me try to explain. You see the pole I play with has a feather or something at the end of the pole. I really like hiding in bushes then I go after it.

That sounds like fun! Hey, speaking of favourite things, what's your favourite food?

Well it used to be Fancy Feast of the Classic variety and the kind was
3 Chicken Feast. However according to my owner, they discontinued my favourite kind of food so now my new favourite kind of food is Fancy Feast of the Classic Pate` and the kind is Chicken Feast. Can you believe they discontinued a cat's favourite kind of food?

That's terrible! I'd hate for them to discontinue my favourite food! I'm sure the humans would find me something tasty to have instead, but I still don't like the thought of it. You know what? Let's focus on something more pleasant. So, Daisy Mae, what's the one thing your human does that you love most?

She leaves her closet door open so I can lay right inside the closet when I want. I love laying right inside her closet because the sun comes through the window and hits me just right.

That's really nice of her. Humans are great sometimes, aren't they? Well, most of the time actually. Sometimes they do things that aren't so great though, so what's the one thing your human does that you hate most?

Well there are two that are tied. But if I have to pick one, I hate it when she picks me up even though I don't want picked up. I'm not a "Pick Me Up" cat.

Yeah, I can see how that would be annoying. By the way, speaking of your human: I happen to know your human is a writer/blogger. Has she written anything about you? If yes, can you tell us about it? If no, do you think she will in the future?

Yes she has written about me. She has not only blogged about me but has written a short story about me. Actually it was about both Tigger, a Rescue Tabby Cat she had many years before I came along and how I was named and therefore came about getting a furever family and home. That short story was called TIGGER AND DAISY MAE. Do I think she will write about me in the future? I absolutely think she will.

Oh, that's great! So, what do you do while your human writes?

I sleep. I sometimes even take a kitty cat nap on her lap.

Nice! OK, Daisy Mae, before we end this, is there anything else you'd like people to know about you?

My owners may have to guess of when I was born because I around 4 weeks old when they rescued me/took me in. I used to live with another rescue cat named Tigger. Tigger was a Senior Tabby cat I played with for many years. We had a lot of good years together until she died on 9-11-2015.

I still like to go exploring especially in the basement. I get the zoomies still sometimes when there is cooler weather. I love the sun and sunpuddles I can lay in. At night, I love to lay in the middle or almost in the middle of the hallway by "Big Bear". The scary and dangerous part even with the nightlight on is, wondering if someone will step on me by accident. You see I am actually so dark unless some of my white feet or chin is showing you can't see me until you're almost on top of me. I love finding new favorite spots and staying there for a while and playing hide and seek with my owners. I know I'm no spring chicken anymore because this month I'll be 13.



I also help my Mother/Sister/Owner with her 2 blogs. That is right I have 2 blogs I help with. The first one is called CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE'S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE and the site address is: http://crystalsphotobloggingsite.wordpress.com, and WELCOME TO CRYSTAL'S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) and the site address for that blog is: http://daisymae2017.wordpress.com. So what are both of these blogs about? Both blogs are about Animals first and we also write about just about everything on our mind with the exception of politics. Both blogs are not strictly photo-blogging sites. We participate in blog hops, do book reviews, sometimes even write poetry. We started blogging in January 2017 with our first blog and had so much fun we started another blog in April 2017. We've taken Blogging courses and had fun doing it.

As a Tuxedo Cat, I like to feel like royalty all the time so I play Queen of the house daily. I keep telling my owner who likes to write and has written 2 books and on her third book. She has written many poems and a few short stories but she is unpublished because she is new. I keep telling her if she really wants to do it, keep striving for it until you reach your goal. She's taking my advice so far which is good. I like being a positive influence in my owners life because it gives me a feeling I'm not only accomplishing something but I feel myself getting happy. It feels like that feeling that I'm finally getting a furever home and trust me, there's no greater feeling than that.

I'm also a very finicky cat that tries to train my owner.

Thanks for all that information, Daisy Mae. I hope your owner does listen to you, and makes her dreams of being published come true. It was nice getting to know you today. Oh, and I'm told it was your birthday yesterday, so... Happy birthday!

***~~~***

I hope you enjoyed getting to know my new friend, Daisy Mae, and hearing a little about the humans she shares her life with.

By the way, we're looking for more friends to come over for a visit. So, if you're a bird, cat, chinchilla, degu, dog, gerbil, guinea pig, hamster, rabbit, rat, or other animal, share your home with a human who calls themselves a writer or blogger, and want to be featured as a Friend of Furkid Friday too, get in touch with us. Details on how to do that can be found on the "Friends Of Furkid Friday" page, where you can also see the posts for all the friends we've had over for a visit.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

12 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Good job on post. sent picture to replace mustache picture via email. Please reply so I know you got it.
Crystal

Rita said...

Such a pretty cat. No wonder you feel like royalty. So glad they heard you and took you in to your forever home. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Crystal:
Got it. Slow response was because I try to stay off the computer after dinner time, which it already was when you sent it.

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yes, I agree: it's good they heard her and she got a furever home.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

CRYSTAL said...

Thanks Victoria, looks so much better.
Crystal

Victoria Zigler said...

Crystal:
You're welcome. Thanks to you and Daisy Mae for being our guests. :)

Cat Strawberry (The Strawberry Post) said...

Awww, so cute and a tuxedo! I think tuxedo cats are my favourite ones (I used to have a tuxedo cat before she passed over the rainbow bridge). So very cute and happy birthday to her too :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Cat:
Sorry about your kitty, but glad you enjoyed the post.

Danielle L Zecher said...

Hi Daisy Mae! You are a little cutie. My kitties like the Fancy Feast chicken pate too.

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
I'm glad you enjoyed meeting Daisy Mae.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

CarolCooks2 said...

What a pretty name ... :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Carol:
I agree! :)