Thursday, February 20, 2020

#AmReading + #AmWatching + #AmListening - Media Shares And #Reviews 20-02-20

The glory of a good tale is that it's limitless & fluid; a good tale belongs to each reader in its own particular way.
~Stephen King

Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!

*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.

Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.

If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.

Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Unless otherwise stated, all music videos are via YouTube.


OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?

  • Reading:
This week is another where I read a lot of short books, so ended up reading several, with the result that I read six books this week. All by the same author too. Yes, really. Like I said, they were short ones, though most definitely not because they were children's stories, so please bear that in mind. Anyway, here's what I read, along with my book reviews.

Male Lovers of Silvery Earth Volume 3Male Lovers of Silvery Earth Volume 3 by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I'm giving this the whole five stars, but my actual rating is 4.5 stars; I'm rounding up. Why? Because mostly the stories were fantastic, and in all cases the characters were interesting and the worldbuilding was wonderful, but I was a bit disappointed with the ending of "Princess Sapphire" which seemed to come too easily. Other than that though, this is another excellent collection of stories by this author, which are great additions to the overall series.

Relationships (5 Short Stories of Love and Friendship)Relationships by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a great collection of enjoyable and sweet stories.

Rogue (Star Minds Lone Wolves)Rogue by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is an excellent addition to this series, and it was great to get to learn more of Hal's story, while having more of the overall story filled in.

Mumbai DreamsMumbai Dreams by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
A sweet and enjoyable quick read.

Joint OperationsJoint Operations by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a fast-paced action-packed read, with great characters and an interesting plot.

More Fairy Tales Revisited on Silvery EarthMore Fairy Tales Revisited on Silvery Earth by Barbara G. Tarn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
These are really quite sweet fairy tale retellings. If you're a fan of m/m romance - or simply don't object to happily ever after not always being between people of different genders - and enjoy a good fairy tale retelling, you'll enjoy these stories.

  • Watching:
This week I watched very little. I watched Disney's "The Little Mermaid" and a few random episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" that happened to be on TV when I was in the living room. But that's it.

  • Listening:
This week I've been listening to a lot of different music, including "One Of A Kind" - the new song by one of my favourite artists, Ronan Keating (featuring Emeli Sandé) - which is the song I'm sharing with you this week.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Such a pretty, sweet, romantic song! :)

Jeanie said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely song. I need to watch the Little Mermaid with the toddlers!

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I thought so... Glad you agree. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
You're welcome. Yes, you do... Along with any other old Disney movie you haven't watched with them yet. There are certanly plenty to keep you guys busy. ;)