I’m sorry I’ve not been around the blogs lately. Between struggling with energy levels, health issues being a constant thing I have to deal with, and dealing with the mental/emotional aspects of the past couple of months, I’ve not been very productive. And our recent heatwave didn't help matters. I’m trying to get back in to doing things – reading blogs being one of those things – but I’m having a rough time adjusting to how things are now. I’ve popped by and read posts from time to time, but not commented, and I know I missed several posts. So… Sorry. And if there’s anything you spacifically hoped I wouldn’t miss, please tell me about it – or direct me to the post where I can read about it – in the comments section of this post. Thanks.
*~*
I got a couple of nice cards from Deanna from Life WithDee. One after she learned I’d been in hospital, and the other after she learned about my Mam’s death. Here they are:
Thanks, Deanna.
*~*
Kelly got me a glittery pink unicorn cuddly toy as a get well present when I was in hospital. Here I am holding it:
And my Mam brought me this bear holding a heart:
It turned out to be the last thing she ever brought any of us, since it was right after that she went in to hospital for the last time. When we were sorting her stuff after she died, I grabbed the little pink teddy bear that was the last thing I ever brought her (which I got her during one of her recent hospital stays) and the two teddy bears are now sat together on one of the shelves that my cuddly toys are stored on.
*~*
Mam got this clock when I was really young – Maybe about five years old or so? She’s hung in my Mam’s home ever since. I made it known years ago that when she died I wanted the clock, so now she’s mine. I thought I’d share her with you, and let you hear her chime the hour.
Yes, I did mean to say “she” and “her” in the previous paragraph. Mam said she was a Grandmother clock, because she’s a small Grandfather clock, so she’s always been a “she” to us.
Anyway, here’s the video of her chiming the hour:
8 comments:
I'm glad you have the teddy bears. I'd be holding on to them a lot these days. And that clock is really beautiful in every way. I know these are very challenging time in transition. Sending hugs across the sea to you.
What a beautiful photograph of you. I've not seen a photo like that for a long time. And I know what you're like for all your teddies and such like you keep hold of them, And as for the clock, when I heard that strike certainly brings back loads Of memories , Hope you're beginning to feel better Now love , And that goes for all three of you, Sending loads of love, Grandma xxxxx
Such huge changes and so much to deal with. Love the sound of the clock. It must bring back a lot of memories. I do hope you are feeling better. Love the picture of you and the unicorn. It will take quite a while to adjust. Losing people we love is difficult and deep. Don't worry about the rest of us. Take care of yourself. *love and hugs*
Jeanie:
Thanks. I have to keep my cuddly toys out of Lilie's reach, hence them staying up on the shelf.
Thanks, Grandma.
Rita:
Thanks. And, yes, it does bring back a lot of memories.
Tori, never apologise for not being able to keep up with blogs especially when you are going through such a difficult time. Those cuddly toys are so adorable. I love that grandmother clock, I love the reason she's called that too. Beautiful. Sendign you lots of hugs. I hope you are ok. <3
Cat:
Thanks. And no apology needed.
Post a Comment