Friday, March 08, 2024

We Rehomed Artemis

We rehomed Artemis the tortoise.

 

With my decline in health, and the living room being turned in to combination living room and my bedroom/hospital room, he wasn’t getting what he needed any more.  He was ending up stuck in his vivarium all the time, getting very little attention.  He was not a happy tortoise, understandably.

 

Now he lives somewhere where they can give him plenty of time out of his vivarium.  They also have an outdoor enclosure for days when the weather is nice enough for the tortoises to go outside, which is something we could never provide him but is good for him.  And, yes, I said, “tortoises,” since they have another tortoise already.  They did have two, but lost one to medical issues last year and had been toying with the idea of getting a second again.  Then I said I was looking for somewhere for Artemis, so they felt it was meant to be.

 

They’ve sent us a couple of updates. Artemis is being well taken care of, and he’s clearly happy now, which is good enough for me.  There were some photos with the updates, so we could see that for ourselves.

 

Here are a couple of those photos, one of which includes his new friend:

 




10 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye, Tori, but it does make sense. And I'm glad Artemis is happy and has some nice benefits in her new home.

Rita said...

A hard decision, but one that is good for Artemis in the long run. Has a friend now that looks about the same size, too--and can be outside sometimes.

I had a skunk I dearly loved that I needed to rehome when I left home and nobody would rent to me with a pet skunk. Jorj went to a home with other skunks...an amazing couple who loved skunks and had four of them, but one had just died. They had a fenced in yard with a fence that went down six feet under the ground so the skunks couldn't dig under it. Had a doggie door so they could go in and out! Had their other skunks trained to go in a litter box and seemed confident Jorj would learn how, too. So he had free reign to wander about--inside and out--and not be caged when I wasn't home. Jorj will always have a place in my heart. It is so hard to let them go, but such a blessing to find them a wonderful home with someone who really would love them. I am sad for you, but happy for Artemis.

How are you doing? Are you feeling okay? Are the pups confused by the changes? So glad your dad is there to spend time with you every week and your sweetheart is there to take care of you. Thinking about you. *love and hugs*

Jayde said...

I am so pleased to hear that You are very happy with the Artemus It's in now, Hope you're feeling a little better tor , Tons of love to you and kelly plus The Furby Kids .Nan xxx

Jemima Pett said...

I’m sorry to hear all you’ve been through this year. No wonder we’ve not seen you around.
Rehoming Artemis when you had the chance was a great move. He looks very happy. Although we’ll miss his wise comments on Georgesgpworld.uk
Thinking of you
Jemima and the guineapigs xxxx

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie.

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks.

I'm doing as ok as I can be.

Yes, the pups are confused. Especially Logan. Lilie moves on from change a lot easier than he does.

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Grandma.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jemimah:
Thanks. I do pop by and read your posts sometimes, but I don't tend to take the time to comment on blogs these days since my energy levels are so low.

Cat Strawberry said...

I'm so sorry you had to give Artemis away. :( But I can understand how you want the best for Artemis and if that means giving them up to another loving home then you have to do what's right. I love the fact they've kept you updated with what's happening with Artemis though. I hope you are ok, sending you lots of hugs <3

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Cat.