Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bird related babbling

One of the things I got in town Tuesday that I couldn't remember was a bird feeder. I found a reasonably priced bird feeder that isn't one of those ones with the wire all around it that small seed falls out of too easily. This one is a little plastic bird house type thing with a little wooden roof, a removable plastic tray with two little compartments in it, and a little perch in front of the tray for the birds to go on. And it hangs up. It's not very big, but it's big enough for a couple of birds to eat at once. It was only about £2 (a little under $4) and since I was only making a bird table because of the couple of birds who seem reluctant to eat off the ground, I decided to get it for them. It'll save me the job of making a bird table. LOL!

The birds seem to aprove of it anyway.

There was a new bird in the garden... "A big brown and white thing" Kelly said it was. But I didn't get the camera to him in time for him to get a photo of it. We now have the camera in the kitchen so we can - in theory - have more chance of getting to it in time.

Mr Blackbird (the Blackbird from previous bird related posts) was wandering around the garden with a couple of Chaffinches the other day, but Kelly was too busy to get a photo. If he'd not been busy he could even have switched the video mode on the camera and got a video of it for you. But he was busy, and by the time he wasn't they'd gone. :(

The birds aren't so nervous of people coming in to the garden now. Some are, but many of them still stay around... I expect it's because I've been feeding them. Anyway, Mam says that when she starts coming to stay the weekend again she'll try and get some photos and videos for me to share. Not sure when that'll happen though.

OK, that'll do for today, I think... Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

I was trying to comment on here earlier when I was so rudely interrupted by a power outage. We're getting terrible winds here and the power and tv and internet have been going off and on all day. :\

As I was trying to say....it sounds like you got a real nice bird feeder at a real good price. I'm sure the birds will appreciate you taking the trouble to get it for them. :)

Kaylee said...

hope you are well

The Wife O Riley said...

That's a really good price for the bird feeder and a lot less work than a table. The birds will surely be feasting at your house.

Celticspirit said...

Wow good deal on the bird feeder! I can't wait to see more birdie pictures.

ChicagoLady said...

I'm sure the birds will love the feeder. Once they know it's there, they will go tell all their friends, and you'll have a lot more birds to listen to.

Can't wait to see more pictures and/or videos.

MarmiteToasty said...

Your birds sound spoilt LOL..... I did buy a huge fat ball for the birds yesterday and 2 little fat balls LOL.....

I love the birds in me garden, it surprises me we get so many seeing as how me 3 cats are often just sitting underneath the birdtable LOL....

And the robin now flies down and eats my marmite and peanut butter toast off me plate, I have some great photos of him......

Its bright and sunny here today, 6 nippers though cos the infants is closed, we have been out this morning for a few ours to blow the cobwebs away...

Have a lovely day :)

x

Punkn said...

Glad you got that bird feeder and are enjoying your fair feathered friends. I look forward to seeing pictures.

Jess said...

I don't seem to get many birds here. Perhaps I don't pay enough attention to them - unlike your lucky birds! Good luck with charming people into taking photos for you!

whimsical brainpan said...

I hope you are able to get some pictures. I think the more you feed them the birds will get less shy.