Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Shrove Tuesday (FD)

Apparently it's Shrove Tuesday today... Pancake day! But I'm not having pancakes today. Why? Because I really don't want them. I usually do, but lately I've not wanted pancakes. So, we're going to have chicken pie, potatoes and vegetables instead. The only thing Shrove Tuesday has ever meant to me is an excuse to have pancakes for dinner anyway, so it's no big deal... To me, I mean.

***~***

I've been trying to think up a theme day. You know? Like Matt has his "Saturday morning flashback" thing, and Wifey has her "Wednesday Haiku to you" thing. I know there's the "Six word Saturday" thing, but I meant something original... Something unique to my blog... Not sure what it'll be yet though.

***~***

Don't have anything else to say today... Although, if you haven't already done so you might want to scroll down and read the other four posts from today... I had a busy morning! ;) LOL!

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

4 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

The pancakes must be a UK thing, I've never heard of that before.

We have a Polish doughnut here that the only sell today. I am not even going to tempt to spell it.

I'll think about a original theme day for you.

ChicagoLady said...

What's a shrove?

Kati said...

I heard something about this on the radio this morning. Also the fact that it's Mardi Gras, and Ash Wednesday is tomorrow. (Got Tay and I to talking about what little we know about the Catholic religion and the lack of celebrations -and fun at all- in the Protestant-Baptist world-view. *grin*)

Pancakes for dinner..... Ooooh, we'd have breakfast for dinner quite often growing up. Unfortunately my hubby thinks breakfast foods are for breakfast ONLY, pancakes included. I say, if you want pancakes for dinner another day, ASK for pancakes for dinner! Why should they be limited to breakfast or Shrove Tuesday, if you'd enjoy them other days?

Tori_z said...

Wifey:
Yeah, I think the pancakes are just a British thing.

Chicago:
I have no idea... Will see if I can find out...

Kati:
I'm lucky... Kelly doesn't mind if the meals are backwards. And plenty of times we've had pancakes for dinner... Even when it wasn't Shrove Tuesday. But I always used to have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday too... I think because of my Dad... Shrove Tuesday is the one day my Dad joins in with having pancakes for dinner. Most of the time he prefers "proper" dinners... Pies, meats, etc.