Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Today AKA Tuesday (FD)

I couldn't be bothered to write a post yesterday (Monday)... Besides, I didn't do anything worth blogging about. LOL!

As for today...

I went up town with my Mam to get a little something for Kelly for Valentine's Day. I also got a treat for Wayne to give to Kero after we leave to go out for dinner with Mam, Dad, Carl and Rachel on Saturday.

I also got some more blue wool for the blanket I'm making, because the main colour on it is blue, and I didn't want to run out. For anyone wondering... I tell what colour I'm using by a braille label we've put on the band of papery stuff around the balls. We used my braille labeler to do a small label for each ball saying what colour the ball in question is. That way I don't have to bug people all the time if I want to change colours.

Anyway...

I got a couple of other things too... I can't remember what though.

While we were in town we went and paid some money on the gas and electric cards, and we had a baguette each. I had my usual tuna, sweetcorn, cheese and onion baguette, and my Mam had the same... Minus the onion. She didn't feel like having onion, I guess.

Mam hasn't been able to get a new car yet, so we had to walk up town. It's not too bad of a walk, but Mam had to walk it twice just to get me up town, so I agreed to pay for a taxi from town back home to cut out one of Mam's walks. Otherwise she'd have had to walk back home with me, then walk back up town again to get a bus home. Not that I particularly minded getting a taxi after walking up town then spending a couple of hours walking around it. ;)

We were meant to have more snow yesterday and today, but we didn't. We had plenty of wind and rain yesterday though (especially through the night) and there was a bit of rain today as well. They got some snow a few miles further up the mountain than my parents live though. Not loads, but enough to say they had some.

Can't think of anything else to say, so will let this do for today.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sounds like a lot of walking to me. And that's a neat idea on labeling the balls of yarn. :)

ChicagoLady said...

I heard about all the bad weather over there. Bad snow in some parts, and buckets of rain in other parts. Hope you're staying dry.

Intense Guy said...

It might even be cool to see what would result if you didn't label the yarn and just picked a ball at random...

I am glad you sound so happy and content. :)

Punkn said...

Very ingenious how you keep track of things. All in all it sounds like you had a good day.

MarmiteToasty said...

I would mix up ya wool if I was there LOL......

Sounds like you are having a contented week :)

x

Tori_z said...

AK:
Yeah, it was a fair amount of walking. Especially for someone who's been stuck indoors for a good week because of snow.

Chicago:
I got a little bit damp when I went up town, but not all that wet. I've so far been lucky enough not to be out when it's raining enough to get me very wet. ;)

Iggy:
I did consider doing that some time... I might do it for something one of these days... Just to see what happens. Could be a fun thing to do with the little bits left from balls of wool that aren't enough to do more than a few rows, but are a bit too much to just chuck away. Could make an interesting scarf that way if nothing else. :)

Punkn:
Well, gotta keep track of stuff somehow. And they don't really provide things to help with colours of wool and such. They seem to assume that if you can knit then you obviously have some sight, so should have colour recognition.

Toasty:
Yeah, you probably would too. LOL!