Friday, February 06, 2009

Frosty Friday in February

It's a cold and frosty Friday... There's ice on the ground, and still some small piles of snow here and there.

Kelly went up town this morning and got my wool and knitting needles. He also got some new bowls for us, because the old ones were in such bad shape we had to throw them out (well, all but one). And he got a bag of seed for my birdy friends, since we were out of food for them.

Because he only had a few things to carry he could walk both ways, so the icy conditions weren't an issue for him today. The ice is only an issue when he has to get a taxi home, because nobody bothers with "Winter tires" over here, and the gritters only do the main roads, which means that as soon as the taxi - or car, or bus... Etc... - leaves the main road there's a very high chance of an accident. Something we'd rather not get involved in if we can help it.

Me going out is still a no-no though. And I couldn't go with Kelly because if I did then Kero would have to come too, and Kelly can't watch his footing, watch mine, and lead Kero. Especially since Kero gets a bit anxious if we go up near the main road, so he needs extra attention by the busy road... Hence Kelly needing to lead him if we go near it.

Instead, I stayed home and listened to some more of "Stonehenge" while doing some sewing.

One of the items in need of mending was Kelly's dressing gown... Actually, both dressing gowns needed doing. Whoever made them obviously didn't take the time to sew them properly, because the seams were coming undone. Had it just been one of them then I'd have said it was wear and tear. But since it was both - and, since it started to happen within a couple of weeks of us buying them - I don't think so. Especially since they're exactly the same (though mine is apparently a lighter colour) and the seams have split in the exact same places.

Anyway, Kelly examined my repairs when I gave him his dressing gown, and he said I did a really good job. I think he's probably just saying that because he loves me and doesn't want to hurt my feelings... I told him as much... But he insists he's not just saying it. *Shrugs*

Haven't started my knitting yet. Will probably start it tonight or tomorrow though.

That's it for today.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

3 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm sure you did a fine job stitching the seams. :)

Tori_z said...

Thanks AK. :)

Punkn said...

I can't wait to hear about your progress on the knitting project! Hope you are having a great day!