Monday, March 02, 2009

Just my day, that's all

I was expecting a quiet day where the only place I'd be going was out for a walk with Kero. But plans can change very quickly. So, instead of my quiet day at home I ended up going shopping with my Mam and Nan. Originally I was going to be going tomorrow, but - as I said - plans can change very quickly. What happened was that Mam came to ask me when I wanted to do my shopping, because she had someone else asking her to take them this week, and we ended up going shopping today. Nan came with us because she was in the car with Mam, and it made more sense for her to come too instead of Mam going in the opposite direction to where we wanted to go so as to take her home.

Anyway, we went to "Farm Foods" and then to "Morrisons." We went to both because Farm Foods doesn't do much in the way of non-frozen goods, but it's the best place for frozen goods as a general rule.

So, now my freezers, cupboards and fridge are nice and full again. Which is just how I like to keep them.

I don't really have much more to say today, because most of my day was taken up with shopping, getting the goods put away, then walking Kero. In fact, all I've had time to do other than that is check for new blog posts on the blogs I follow. Just thought I'd stop by to do a quick blog of my own before I switched the PC off for the night.

Mam took me to the library on Saturday when we went up town for the street show, so I have something new to listen to while I work on my knitting and sewing. Will tell you about the books once I've listened to them.

OK... Enjoy whatever's left of your day, and get well wishes to those in need of them! :)

Tori

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I'm jealous... you got to ride in your mam's sexy "new" car!

Celticspirit said...

Do you like shopping? I've always dreaded it but now that I have someplace new to shop (Aldi) it may not be so bad because I don't have to cringe so much at the high prices. I like to have a full pantry too and I'm working on it.

I wanted to ask you a question about your crafting. When you say wool do you mean real wool? I rarely see that here and when I do it's super expensive. I'm sure it's a lot better to knit or crochet with though. Maybe I can find some online or better yet at the Hobby Lobby when I go there later on this week.

The Wife O Riley said...

We were suppose to go shopping last night, but didn't get a chance. Now, Matt has to tonight by himself.

LadyStyx said...

Plans tend to do that. It's one of the reasons why my hubby NEVER plans in advance.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
I've been in the new car lots of times... I was the one in it with her the first time she drove it. It's got very comfy seats! ;)

Barb:
My opinion of shopping varies depending on my mood, how the shopping experience was, and whether or not I feel I got at least a couple of good deals. My companions can also influence my opinion of the shopping trip, since there are certain people I don't like to go shopping with.

Wifey:
Does he do a good job of the shopping? Or is he one of those people who go for bread and milk and come back with everything but those items?

Styxie:
Good call on your hubby's part there then. :)