Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weekly craft update: Adjustments, knitting and fabric

I did decide to take the t-shirt in a bit. I took it in about 2 inches on each side. It's still nice and baggy, but I feel it's a better fit now. It didn't take even half the time it took to make the t-shirt to adjust it. I suppose that's because I already had the basic t-shirt shape, and had the existing seams to guide me.

Even so, adjusting the t-shirt took most of the week, but I still managed to fit in some knitting. I managed to get 2 or 3 inches of the blanket knitted. I'm now pretty close to the half way point on it. :)

Yesterday, I was looking through the braille patterns I got. There are a couple of things I'd like to make for certain people. The problem is that they call for other stitches and I've never gotten the hang of more than just plain knitting. So, I asked my Nan how to do the other stitches. She explained in detail, and I think I can do it.

The blanket I'm making for Carl - which is to be my next knitting project - is to be done in squares anyway, so I'm thinking I'll use the squares to practice different stitches. For example, do blue in various different stiches to get a pattern, and red in plain knitting. Besides, it'll help me to know I'm definately not putting two squares the same colour beside each other when I sew them together.

About the only other thing I have to add to this week's craft update is that I got some more fabric on Tuesday to make a couple more t-shirts. One bit is baby pink, the other bit is grey (if I remember correctly) and I think Mam said it has swirls and stars on it. You'll get to see it when I'm done anyway.

I'd like to finish the current blanket before I do anything else though.

Tori

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Its nice to see you keeping so busy!

Hope you are well.

AliceKay said...

Yep, she sure does keep busy, doesn't she, Iggy. :)

Celticspirit said...

You put me to shame with your craftin! I need to get on the ball and get working on some things.

LadyStyx said...

That's a clever idea putting different colors in different stitches to make sure 2 of the same color arent side by side!

The Wife O Riley said...

You are one busy bee! I wish I was as creative as you!

MarmiteToasty said...

I see a little business on ebay starting with you making and selling your craft items :)

I have not had time for any knitting, reading or anything this week... what with work, Jacobs parent evenings at school, the talent show and hours upon hours of me NVQ course work.....sigh... good job there aint a bloke in me life, cos I sure as hell wouldnt have the energy for anything LOL

x

Tori_z said...

Iggy, AK & Wifey:
I like to be busy doing something. It keeps my mind busy, and doing that increases the chances of tiring my mind and persuading it to shut down so I can sleep at some point. That then keeps the monsters at bay... You can't make up monsters if you're to mentally tired to let your imagination run away with you. ;)

Barb:
Well, you have your job and all the cleaning you do for your landlord, so you have a lot less free time than me.

Styxie:
I thought so. :)

Toasty:
I don't know about that. Maybe at some point in the future, but not just yet.

So... You're still trying to fit about 50 hours worth of activities in to 24 hours I see. ;)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well tori as every one else says you certainly are a very busy little bee.

Punkn said...

You are smarter than me. I tend to start too many projects at one time. You sound like you are doing real good!

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
Yes... At least I can't say I'm bored. ;)

Punkn:
I "try" to finish one thing before starting another. It doesn't always happen though.