Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The third book and today (FD)

Due to a sleepless night I ended up finishing the third book that I got from the library last week in the early hours of this morning. The book was "Days Of Hope" by Lynn Andrews. A really good book - in my opinion - about a young girl named "Chrissy" who decides she needs to make up for the care-free days she missed out on while growing up during the second world war. Unfortunately, her quest for happyness and a perfect life brings misery and suffering not just to herself but to everyone who gets close to her. Don't let the theme of the book make you think nothing good will happen in it though... It has a happy ending.

Mam and I stopped at the library on our way to do the shopping today, so I have four more books to listen to (I got four this time in the hopes they'll last a couple of weeks, lol!) Will tell you about them as and when I listen to them.

Anyway...

After we went to the library we went in to Swansea. Mam and I had a couple of errands to run, and Wayne wanted to spend his birthday money. Wayne got us a drink each, and Mam got me some Dinky Doughnuts since they'd got to me a bit earlier than planned and I hadn't had breakfast. Yeah, I know, they're not the most healthy of breakfasts. But they were really tasty. Besides, you have to go out of your way to get Subway in Swansea, and my choice was the doughnuts or McDonalds, and it was too late for a McDonalds' breakfast. And, you have to admit, doughnuts are more likely to be considered breakfast items than cheeseburgers. Well, unless you're a university student, in which case anything could be considered breakfast. LOL!

After that we went to the big Tescos that's between Swansea and my parents' place to do some food shopping.

When we got home I went for a nap. I had to. I was really tired and because of it was feeling awful and being quite snappy. I think part of it though was because we've had so much cold weather lately, then - all of a sudden - we had a beautiful, warm, sunny day. Not sure what the temperature was (and I can't be bothered to look it up). But we suddenly went from needing coats, hats, gloves and scarves, to not even needing a light weight jacket or anything. Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely day. It's just a shame I was too tired and busy to enjoy it properly.

Anyway, I slept for about two hours (not solidly though). And, yes, I do feel quite a bit better. I'm still kinda tired though. I'm hoping that means I'll sleep OK tonight... I have to get up early in the morning.

OK, well, that's enough of my nonsense for today. Hope everyone is happy and healthy. *Hugs*

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

P.S. Happy St Patrick's Day to all. :)

9 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I hope the books last longer this time. I have the same problem. *sigh* Usually there is no slowing me down though unless I am super busy.

The Wife O Riley said...

I don't know what it is these last two weeks, but I can't seem to get enough sleep. I ended up taking a 6 hour nap on Friday, a 2 hour nap on Saturday and an hour nap on Sunday. Each night I went to bed at a decent hour too.

I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

LadyStyx said...

I didnt sleep so well with my last sleep cycle either. I know what it was though...I really need to not overdo on the milk products.

Celticspirit said...

I'm glad you have such an abundance of books to read. I love reading but the library here seems to be lacking in anything I'd be interested in.

Dinky doughnuts....are those like what we call donut holes here? They sound good. You are making me hungry for junk food now.

As for having sleeping problems, I've been taking Melatonin. It's not addictive and it just slows down my mind and I get some really good sleep now.

Tori_z said...

Whim:
I'm listening to the books while working on my knitting, and since I want to get it done then I don't think the books will last much longer. I expect I'll be back at the library within two weeks.

Wifey:
I wouldn't mind about the naps so much if I was then sleeping at night. But I'm sleeping in naps... An hour or so here, an hour or so there. I hate when it happens, but it seems to happen a lot nowadays.

Styxie:
Well, hopefully you'll sleep better during your next sleep cycle. :)

Barb:
I'm not sure, because I'm not sure what those are. I don't think so though. Dinky Doughnuts are really small ring doughnuts covered in sugar.

I wont take stuff to help me sleep unless the sleep situation is becoming desperate, because things that make people sleepy either don't work on me at all, or work so well that the house could fall down around me and I wouldn't even stir.

MarmiteToasty said...

My sleep pattern has been to the dogs for over a year now lol....no wonder Im aways knackered..... but reading is always good...

happy belated Paddy day..

x

Intense Guy said...

Oh, I want a dinky donut!!

AliceKay said...

I hope you felt rested when you woke this morning. Enjoy the rest of your day. *hugs*

Tori_z said...

Toasty:
With all you've been going through this past year I'm not surprised your sleep pattern is messed up.

Iggy:
No, you don't... You can never just want one of them. You have to have two at least... Balanced diet, see? ;)

AK:
I kinda did. I got about 2 hours or so though, so the feeling didn't last for long. :(