Thursday, November 26, 2009

A big thank you

Everyone says at this time of year how thankful they are for their family and friends. How thankful they are for the clothes on their backs, and the food on their tables. How glad they are to have a roof over their heads. And so on. It happens every year. Thanksgiving rolls around, and messages of how thankful people are for everything in their lives are plastered all over the place. A simular thing happens around Christmas... Messages of how greatful people are to have their family and friends still around. To still have a job and a home. And to have decent clothing, and all kinds of good things to eat.

I'm thankful for all these things too. But not because it's Thanksgiving - especially since that doesn't happen over here - or because Christmas is almost here. No, I'm thankful because so many things have happened lately to show me how fragile and precious life is, and how lucky I really am. I'm only posting this today, because I thought it would be appropriate, and because it's today that I'm ready to write it.

Things have been hard for me over the past couple of years, and they're still hard. But I have my family and friends, I have food on the table, and clothes on my back. And I have a roof over my head. So, I'm lucky. Because many people don't have friends and family they can count on when they need a shoulder to cry on, or a helping hand, or whatever. Many people don't have decent clothes, but tattered garments that are rags - or not far from it. Many people don't have the security of knowing they've got a solid roof over their heads, and will still have one there tomorrow. And many people can't guarantee enough food to eat. So, on this day of Thanksgiving in America, I thought I'd take a moment to thank those people who have been - and continue to be - there for me when I needed someone to hold my hand, or a shoulder to cry on. Or just an ear to listen to what I had to say, because sometimes that's all you need... Someone to listen!

So... Thank you!

Tori

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I thank you!

:)

Hugs!

AliceKay said...

I thank you, too. (what a beautiful post)

*hugs*

Wendyburd1 said...

This was beautiful, the only one I am commenting on today...shhhh.:)

Karen said...

I would also like to say thank you also to tori for being the brst daughter that anyone could wish for.

Tori_z said...

You are all welcome! :)

MarmiteToasty said...

You have one of the sweetest souls I have ever known, and I am so very grateful that you are in my world.......((((ToriZ))))) know you are so loved..

x

Tori_z said...

Thank you, Toasty! *Hugs*