Wednesday, November 18, 2009

my birthday cards and presents (FD)

I had a few birthday presents early... The laptop I had a couple of months back, the bread maker, and the item I'm posting about tomorrow... So I didn't get all that much on the day. Here's what I did get though:


First of all, I got this mug full of sweets from my Mam and Dad...



And here's the mug without the sweets in it...



Anyway, I recently complained to Kelly about the fact the Dalek that's meant to be coming as part of the set that goes with the Doctor Who DVD and magazine set he gets hasn't arrived. I wanted a Dalek. I have no idea why... I just wanted one, and wasn't happy that it hadn't shown up. So, Kelly went out and brought me one for my birthday. Well, why not? They're cool!



A sort of side on view...



I also had a new pair of Eeyore slippers, since I went out in the others in the rain to get Kero in - not giving a thought to the fact they're not even close to being waterproof - so they needed replacing. I didn't bother getting a photo of them though, since I can just link to this post for those who didn't see them, can't remember what they looked like, or simply want to see them again.

And here are some photos of my cards...









I know I have another card (possibly two) to come, but I probably wont bother posting photos of those.

Anyway, the rest of what I had was money. I haven't spent it yet. Because of how close to Christmas my birthday is, I tend to keep my birthday money and spend it after Christmas. That way I don't accidentally buy something someone planned to get for me for Christmas (or worse, already got me for Christmas). Plus, that way I can buy something I really wanted if I don't end up getting it for Christmas. :)


Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Beautiful cards Tori!

:) And I bet that mug feels pretty distinctive too.

AliceKay said...

Very nice gifts and wonderful cards. Looks like you had a nice birthday.

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Thanks. :)

Yes, it does. I think that's why Mam got it for me.

AK:
Yep, it was a pretty good birthday. And I got three more cards and a Westie magnet after I'd done this post too!

LadyStyx said...

Looks like you scored...whoot!
Love the little Westie card...it's darling.