Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pumpkin for Halloween 2009 (FD)

Here are a couple of photos of the pumpkin I carved this year.



As you can see, we placed it on a chair by our front door.



If you're wondering why it isn't lit, that's because it was so windy we couldn't get it to even stay lit long enough to get the top of it back on, let alone take a photo or anything. So, we gave up and just left it unlit. We couldn't have left it lit while it was on the chair anyway... To be on the safe side... After all, things with flames in them don't mix well with wooden chairs. But we decided the chair was a good place to have it on display. Especially since it wouldn't stay lit.

As I mentioned before, I made pumpkin spice muffins with the bits I scooped out of the pumpkin (after removing the seeds, of course). Most people seemed to like them, so that was good. Haven't done anything with the seeds yet, because my Mam is considering trying to grow some pumpkins, so I've kept them for her. I wasn't too keen on roasted pumpkin seeds anyway. And, even if I was, there are more than enough seeds so that I could keep some for her as well as roast some.

That's all for today. Tomorrow's post is another food related one, so don't forget your snacks! ;)

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Nice looking jack-o-lantern! Too bad the wind was so much it couldn't stay lit.

Hope you are feeling better today!

AliceKay said...

*thinks about what snacks to bring tomorrow* :)

You did a good job with the jack-o-lantern. Sorry the wind wouldn't cooperate for you tho.

Deanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tori!!!!

You did a great job on that pumpkin.

Tori_z said...

Glad you all like my pumpkin! :)

Iggy:
I'm doing better than I was Friday, but still not feeling too great! :(

LadyStyx said...

Think glow-sticks :D

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
Will have to bear that in mind for next year. :)