Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sorry and dentist

Sorry I've not been on the blogs properly. I have a few things going on, and it makes concentrating on blogs difficult sometimes. Plus, there are days when I really haven't got time to come around the blogs. You've only been getting posts from me every day because I scheduled a bunch of stuff to give you something to read, or - in the case of the photo based posts - something to look at.

Anyway, I realised today that - though I have been writing posts for every day - I haven't done any general update posts or whatever. I never told you, for example, that my return trip to the dentist to get the hole filled in my wisdom tooth was rearranged, and ended up being on the 11th instead of yesterday. Turned out our dentist is away this week, and there was a free spot earlier in the month - which they aren't sure why we didn't get to begin with - so we went then instead.

It was my first time having anything done other than having a tooth capped, and I can see why some people don't like going to the dentist. I'm still not bothered, but I can see why some people would be.

Mam said the needle they use to numb the area near the tooth would hurt. I guess I'm just too used to needles or something, because I hardly noticed her - meaning the dentist, of course - sticking it in. I was vaguely aware of it, but noticed it more because she told me she was doing it than anything.

Honestly, I hardly gave the dentist trip a thought - and I'm talking about before, during, and after the appointment - to me it was mostly just a case of, "oh, great... Another doctor with an excuse to stick needles in me and pull me about!" I mean, I consider myself lucky to go six months without having a needle stuck in me for some reason, or a doctor - or, in this case, dentist - pulling me about!

Yep... To me, she's just another doctor with another needle!

Tori

8 comments:

Celticspirit said...

Well glad to hear that your trip to the dentist did not bother you at all. I had a lot of work done when I was a kid, all I can say is ouch!

I imagine you don't have a Thanksgiving day there, do you have anything similar?

AliceKay said...

I'm glad your trip to the dentist wasn't such a bad experience. I have soft, very sensitive teeth, and like Celticspirit, I've been going to the dentist since I was a kid. Any work being done on my teeth usually hurts, even with novacaine. (the needles for the front teeth are killers, and the tooth getting the root canal on the 8th is on a front tooth) :(

*sending a hug your way*

Deanna said...

I'm glad you trip to the dentist was not as bad as you were warned it would be. I'm also one of those who have always had bad teeth and so much dental work that I can't tell you which tooth has a filling, root canal or crown. They all just run together. It is no big deal - for me it's just a way of life.

Dorkys Ramos said...

"Just another doctor with another needle?!"

Woman, those things are ginormous! I hate watching them come at me with that thing and just stick it in like it's nothing. I think the anticipation is what kills me because even though it doesn't hurt so much, you're so sure something that huge is going to leave some pain and damage behind. Just pass me the gas mask, thanks.

Tori_z said...

Barb:
Not really. We have a few "Autumn festival" type things that happen from September through to about now, but not Thanksgiving or something like it. No, our only real pig-out time is over Christmas. Mind you, most people eat enough roast dinners and buffet food between Christmas and the new year to last them a year anyway. LOL!

AK:
*Hugs back at ya!*

Deanna:
Like I said, I've not had much done to my teeth, but I've had so many doctors pulling me about that I agree with your comment... It's just a part of every day life. Doctors, dentists... It's all the same to me!

Dorkys:
You're talking to someone who's watched the needles - regardless of size - since early childhood. Big, needles, small needles... What difference does it make? I've had plenty of both, and will probably end up with plenty more. That's just the way it goes. No sense worrying about them.


Besides, if you worry you tense up, and if you tense up it's more likely to hurt. Just so you know.

Intense Guy said...

Glad its over with.

All I can hear in my head now is Steve Martin singing Dentist from the Little Shop of Horrors:

When I was younger, just a bad little kid,
My mama noticed funny things I did,
Like shootin' puppies with a B B gun
I'd poison guppies, and when I was done
I'd find a pussycat and bash in its head
That's when my mama said
[What did she say?]
She said, "My boy, I think someday
You'll find a way
To make your natural tendencies pay
You'll be a dentist
You have a talent for causin' things pain
Son, be a dentist
People will pay you to be inhumane
Your temperament's wrong for the priesthood
And teaching would suit you still less
Son, be a dentist
You'll be a success!

LadyStyx said...

Ohh...I hate dentists. Actually, anyone armed with anything more than sewing or knitting needles really bother me...

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Now I'm gonna have that stuck in my head all day! LOL!

Styxie:
My Mam has needle issues too.