Sunday, May 15, 2011

Babies, pets and projects (FD)

My Mam had Emma-Jane for the day yesterday, and she also had Jo (a family friend we've known for years) visiting with her 2 week old grandaughter, Tyler. So - knowing how much I love babies - she brought them all for a quick visit.

I had a long cuddle of baby Tyler, but Emma wasn't in a cuddling mood. I'm not sure if it was the fact she'd had her nap disturbed so was still tired, the fact Tyler was around and she was a bit jealous, or the fact that the last time my Mam brought her to my place Mam snuck out for a smoke when Emma was busy, and Emma was worried it would happen again. It could also have been the fact kelly was in the room, because she's developed a bit of an issue with getting upset when men are around. It could also have been a combination of all those things. Whatever the reason though, Emma-Jane wanted cuddles from nobody but "Nana Ka" yesterday.

They only came for a quick visit, but I did enjoy my baby cuddling time... Even though I was a bit disappointed that Emma wasn't interested in a cuddle. Mind you, Emma's getting older now, so she's going to start not wanting as much cuddle time anyway.

Many of the snacks I have are officially toddler snacks, so I told Mam she could grab one for Emma, and Emma cheered up a bit once she was sat in her carseat eating it. She loves her food that one. LOL! Actually, if Emma had her way she'd have had two snacks, since she took the snack off my Mam then held out her other hand as if to say, "and what about a snack for this hand?" LOL!

Anyway, after they left Kero got a bit cuddly. I think he was saying, "I'm your baby still, aren't I?" In other words, I think my little furbaby got a bit jealous seeing me making such a fuss over the human babies. So, I gave him some cuddles and ear rubs, and after that he was happy enough to curl up on the sofa for a nap.

***

Our weather wont make up its mind what it wants to be like - one minute it's lovely outside, the next it's raining or there's a hail storm - it's annoying. Actually, I wouldn't mind so much, only it means attempting to plan my walks with Kero between rain showers, which isn't the easiest thing to do, and rarely works as planned.

***

I had to re label several posts that I'd labeled on Thursday, because of what happened with Blogger, but I'm quickly getting through the stack of posts on my dashboard. I'd be done by now if I wasn't so picky... I think I mentioned that before? Well, - and I think I said this before too - if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right! No sense in doing something if you don't plan on doing it properly!

Once I'm done, maybe I'll actually be able to concentrate more on working on my knitting projects? I've hardly done anything with them since starting with the post labeling thing, so Louise's scarf is still waiting to be finished, Emma-Jane's doll blankets have yet to even be started, and the rest of the stuff on the list hasn't even had much thought directed at it. I will get the stuff done though... I will... Honest!

Hey, at least I can't say I'm bored! ;)

OK, so I better get back to doing the posts so I can get to doing the knitting projects.

I hope you're having a great weekend... Stay safe!

P.S. I'll come around and check blogs later.

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

It was probably a combination of all of those things as far as Emma-Jane was concerned. I'm glad you had a little cuddle time with Tyler, tho.

We had good weather for about five days in a row, but the rains have started. Supposed to get rain and rain showers the next five days. Lovely.

Sure sounds like you're moving right along with your labeling project. I bet you'll have it done in no time.

Hope you're having a great Sunday!

Rita said...

Toddlers go thru that moody stage. Could have been any of those things or that her teeth are bothering her. Sometimes you just never know. But you got little baby Tyler time! :) I'm sure Kero wanted a little reassurance of his place in your heart.

We've had chilly, rainy weather for a lot of the spring. Now we're supposed to get some sunny days in a row--tada! It has to be hard to plan walks when the weather is so volatile! But even shorter walks are good, I guess. I hope you have some good walking weather soon! :):)

Toriz said...

AK:
Yes, true! (About Emma).

Hope you don't get as much rain as you've been getting lately!

Yeah, I should be done with the labels soon!

Rita:
Yes, that's a possibility too (about Emma).

Also, yes, I think Kero just wanted to make sure he was still my baby, and I still loved him. Bless him!

*Nods* Short walks are better than no walks!

Intense Guy said...

I'd like my ears rubbed and some cuddle time and oh yes, treats!!!

:)

Deanna said...

All in all, it sounds like a wonderful time - even if it was short. Shoot, I had my granddaughter for an entire weekend and she never did want to cuddle. That one was in a mood the entire time!

Kero knows he will always be your baby!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Looking forward to seeing your knitting projects!! I simply can't knit! Even time I've tried it was hopeless, lol!

Hugs and have yourself a fabby day!!!

Toriz said...

*Smacks Blogger hard, signs back out of Kelly's account - which I don't even know how it got signed in to anyway - and removes the comment*

Right, let's try this again...

*Gives Iggy ear rubs, hugs and a treat*

Better?

:)

Toriz said...

That's better!

I don't know what's with Blogger lately!

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Sorry you had a tantruming toddler all weekend! Bet that wasn't any fun!

Yeah... I think Kero just wanted a bit of reasurance that I felt that way!

Jeannie:
I didn't used to be able to knit all that well either, but the weird thing is... I got better after I lost my sight! LOL! Anyway, I'll make sure to get photos posted of the projects as I get them done!