Monday, May 09, 2011

Mine and Kero's weigh-ins (FD)

I weighed today, then I got off the scales, picked up Kero, and got back on them to get his weight by subtracting my weight from the new total (it's the easiest way to weigh him, since he wont sit on the scales by himself for me - no matter what I do to try and persuade him to do so). Anyway, you may - or may not - remember that when I weighed him about a month ago he weighed 2 stone 3lbs 12oz (31lbs 12oz) and today he weighed 2 stone 2lbs 8oz (30lbs 8oz). That means he's lost 1lb 4oz in about a month. So, yeah, I guess he is losing a bit of weight while I'm trying to lose some.

As for me? Well, I didn't do so well. I put on 2lbs 8oz this week. *Sigh*

I'm having a bad time with food at the moment. I'm trying to find an eating plan that works for me, but I'm not having much luck, then I'm eating all the wrong things. I was trying to find the posts from when I saw the dietitian before in hopes they'd offer some tips (that's what started me on labeling the posts). Well, I found them, but they didn't help. They did tell me that I'd been told small meals with small snacks in between are best (and apparently did that and lost some weight with it) but I was hoping for some example menus I could work with. I did find some dinner menus, but I'd hoped I'd done at least one full day menu to work from, if that makes sense. The thing is, it's not so much the foods I want - since I was eating meat at the time - it's the portions and meal spacing, if you know what I mean. The thing is, I know what I "should" be eating food wise, but I'm trying to find an eating routine where I'm not ending up over hungry before it's meal time, and therefore not so quick to grab anything that can be being eaten quickly rather than taking the extra bit of time needed for sorting out something healthier.

Yeah, I'm still stuck in the, "I know what I need to do, but I haven't quite figured out how to do it," phase of weight loss. I need to figure it out soon though, or I'll end up putting all that weight I lost back on, and I really, really don't want that!

As it is I felt bad while reading my old posts from when I was losing weight before, because... Well, let's just say I've got a bit to go to even get down to what I was when I started trying to lose weight last time, let alone getting down to where I'd managed to get my weight down to before. I tried not to let myself feel bad about it, and tried to tell myself I'll get back down there. Sometimes it's not so easy to just tell yourself those things and believe it though, is it? I will get there though.

Eventually!

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

*hugs* Sometimes our mind is our worst enemy.

You'll figure out what you need to do and then you'll feel better about yourself and everything else. Don't beat yourself up because you gained a little this time around. You can't always be on the "winning" side of the scales. Life gets in the way sometimes and makes us slip backwards. Hang in there. I know you can do this. Good luck! :)

Celticspirit said...

I understand about the frustration of weight loss. I tried every diet under the sun....including Nutrisystem which was very expensive and the food was horrible and highly processed. I have bought numerous weight loss books and cd's. Becoming a vegetarian was the biggest failure of all because it made me very sick. It got to the point were every muscle and joint in my body was hurting and I had shooting pains and I even thought I had something like fibromaialgia.I know the spelling is wrong on that. I ate too many carbs on the Vegetarian diet and a lot of that had sugar in it. Well after tons of research I found out that it is not fat that makes us fat but it's sugar and carbs. Now I'm on a low carb eating plan (not diet cause they don't work)and my sugar and carb cravings are completely gone for the 1st time ever. My appetite is greatly decreased as well. This is the 1st thing that I have high hopes for and has worked for me. Good luck in finding something that works for you.

Celticspirit said...

i forgot to add.....I gained weight being a vegetarian. Now I feel so much better and all my pain is gone.

Intense Guy said...

*hugs*

I hope you find a handle on this - and can stop struggling.

Toriz said...

Thanks all! :)

Barb:
Vegetarian diets aren't for everyone, but I plan on sticking to mine. Avoiding meat isn't a weight related thing, so I would prefer to make it work for me while sticking to a Vegetarian diet.

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks! :)

Barb:
A vegetarian diet isn't for everyone, but I'm determined to make it work for me. My choice of being vegetarian isn't based on healthy eating, but on the fact I prefer not to eat animal products. But, if it didn't work for you, then that's fair enough! :)