Thursday, May 19, 2011

Labeling project - complete

Yes, that's right... I've FINALLY finished labeling all those posts! I actually only finished doing it just a few minutes ago. Now, perhaps, I can concentrate on other projects? Thing is, I started getting obsessed with getting the labels on the posts, and then I wasn't doing much else. Actually, that's how come I haven't been reading people's blogs the past couple of days... Well, that and the fact that most of Tuesday and Wednesday I was out (more on that another day). As I said though, I'm done with the post labeling now - just got to label posts as I write them from now on - so I can catch up on blogs, and - hopefully - actually make some decent progress on the list of knitting projects that are waiting to be done. Starting with the scarf I still haven't finished...

Oh, guess what? The post I wrote last Thursday - the one Blogger swallowed up - showed up in draft today. But for some strange reason it showed up with Tuesday's date on it (but I know for a fact I definately published it last week, because I'd replied to a comment on it from Nikki before all the Blogger issues). I have no idea where it came from, it just showed up earlier - well, actually only about 10 minutes ago - with Tuesday's date as the date on it, in draft form, without any of the comments that I know for a fact were on it before it vanished. How strange!

9 comments:

Rita said...

Congrats on that huge project being done! :)
I guess I'll have to go look and see if mine came back as a draft. I already reposted everything, but it's nice to know they are replacing the posts.

Toriz said...

Rita:
Thanks! :)

Yeah, it's nice to know they're replacing them... I'd be interested in knowing if your post came back too!

Rita said...

AHA! Mine was back, too, as a draft! But I had already posted everything again so I deleted it. Nice to know they weren't lost forever in cyberspace.

I wonder if all the comments people made will reappear, too??

AliceKay said...

Congrats on finishing your labeling project. Sounds like a major job.

I didn't have a missing blog that day, just missing comments. (i think...lol)

Toriz said...

Rita:
I deleted mine too... For the same reason.

We'll just have to wait and see (about the comments).

AK:
Yeah, it was quite a project... That's what happens when you have as many posts as me (with the ones in draft and all the published ones, I think the number - including the ones published today - stands at 2040... About 50 of those are waiting to be published, I think).

That's the good thing with people who don't post every day... You manage to miss things like this blogger thing sometimes! ;)

Intense Guy said...

Congrats on that huge labelling project being done!

I think Thursday was the day I was catching up on blogs and I lost all the comments I made - took me a couple-three hours too. :(

Toriz said...

Iggy:
If it helps... I did get to see most of the comments you left before they disappeared!

Deanna said...

You must be feeling very good right now, having that project behind you. I've been thinking about going back and labeling my posts but.... well, maybe another day. Congratulations!

Yea blogger has been gobbling and spitting back out very strangely. Hopefully it is done with its antics!

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Little tip for you... If you plan on labeling your posts in future, start labeling new ones as you do them now, then there will be less to do when you get around to it. Trust me, I wish I'd done that when I first thought about doing post labels!

Anyway, yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about having it done. Now I can get on with the rest of the stuff on my to do list!