Friday, May 06, 2011

Spoons and bowls

After getting the penguin plate and bowl not long ago, I decided to look and see if there was a matching cup. No luck finding one as yet, but I did find some spoons to go with the set. So, of course, I had to get a couple... Especially since they only cost 60p (around $1.80) each. I put them the way they are so you could see the front and back of the spoon. Figured it was easier - since I had two - than needing to do a couple of photos for them. Anyway, here they are:



The penguin stuff is really cool, but I wanted some microwave safe plastic stuff too. Well, I found some Disney bowls, so I got one to see if it was any good. I've had it a couple of months now, and used it several times. It does the job well, so I decided to get a couple more to go with it. Especially since they are only £1 (about $2) each. Here are a few photos I got of all three bowls:







The blue Winnie The Pooh one is the one I've had for a couple of months, and used several times. The other Winnie The Pooh one, and the Lightning McQueen one are the new ones. I would have liked to get a couple more, but didn't want to over-do it with what I was spending. I mean, I could only justify getting them because plastic stuff is safer with me (I easily break other stuff, because I knock it against stuff a lot, knock it off stuff a lot, etc). It's quite annoying, actually, and I'm sick of buying new bowls. These ones arre made to be able to withstand toddlers though, so "hopefully" they should be able to cope with me knocking them against and off things.

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

Ryan would love that Lightning McQueen bowl. :) I have one for him here but it's different from the one you posted in your picture.

Hope you're having a great Friday. Time for me to get to work. *hugs* (the sun is even shining) LOL

Toriz said...

AK:
Actually, I thought of Ryan right away when they told me what was on that bowl. :)

Glad you're getting some sunshine... Hope you have a good day.

Rita said...

I thought of Ryan right away, too. :)

I love that they don't match! [You may not know that I purposely bought dish settings that didn't match. Eclectic, right? LOL!] These should work great for you and not break no matter what you do to them. Toddlers throw their bowls on the floor sometimes and they should withstand that kind of treatment, right? :):) What fun!

Intense Guy said...

Hmmm.. Hey! I got an idea! You could knit a chin strap and wear a bowl on your head to protect it from bruises. Oh wait... those are called helmets... nevermind.

:)

I think the spoons are cute. Penguins!!!! And you know me.. I luv Pooh!

Toriz said...

Rita:
I like having a bowl that matches a plate, etc, where possible, but I don't like having all my bowls and plates the same. The only reason our main set is matching is because my Mam brought it for us. I'm with you though; if it doesn't match, you don't have to worry about spoiling the set if you break one of the pieces!

That's my hope; about them being able to withstand a lot. I figure if they're made for toddlers to be able to chuck about, they'll be fine with the odd knock I give the stuff! LOL!

Iggy:
LMAO!

Eeyore's my favourite, but how can you not love that silly old bear? :)