Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weight and a quote

Last week I forgot to post about my weight. So, I'm going to mention this week and last week in this post so as to get you caught up (if you're interested, that is).

Last week, I lost 2 and a half lbs (2lbs 8oz).
This week, I lost 2lbs.

That means I've taken off what I put back on in those couple of weeks after I lost such a large chunk from being unwell, plus I lost an extra little bit (an extra 1lb).

So, my total weight loss is 1 stone and 1lb (15lbs) since the start of March.

My goal is 1lb per week, and I worked out it's been 11 weeks, so that means - as it stands at the moment - I'm 4lbs ahead of my personal goal. I'm a bit behind the goal set for me by others, but I don't care about that, since I think it's my own goal that matters most. I'm definately making progress with getting the weight off, and that's all that matters. If it's not good enough for "them" then that's their problem!

***

I got this in an e-mail recently, and thought I'd share it. Among the main things people criticise is weight, so I figured this post would be a good oppertunity to do so.

"All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism." ~Author unknown~

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Way to go Tori!!!

And I like that quote too!

Sandra said...

Congrats Tori on the weight loss, that's phenomenal! Keep it up, so proud of you!

AliceKay said...

Geez! Iggy took the words right outta my fingers. :) (way to go, Tori)

Nice quote, by the way. So very true.

Toriz said...

Thanks Iggy, Sandra and AK! :)

Celticspirit said...

That's great Tori! Two pounds a week is excellent. Keep up the good work.

Toriz said...

Thanks Barb! :)

Rita said...

Congrats, Tori! You go, girl! :):)

The quote is right. Weather doesn't care what anybody thinks--hehe! ;)

I hope this posts. I haven't been able to post on 90% of blogs and couldn't even open some of them to read them tonight??

Toriz said...

Rita:
Thanks! :)

Yes, apparently it posted! ;)

Deanna said...

You are awesome!!!!! Way to go!!!!! Hip, hip, hooray!!!!!

Toriz said...

Thanks Deanna! :)

(And sorry I took so long to see this comment!)