Friday, May 06, 2011

Emma, not Spongebob

I thought this was cute - and funny too - and wanted to share it, but forgot to post it when I was doing my posts about my time with Mam and Emma-Jane the other day. Anyway...

Mam, Emma-Jane and I were in the car, and Mam said something she didn't actually want Emma repeating, but - of course - the baby repeated it. So, Mam and I got to talking about how she was "picking things up like a sponge."

"We'll have to call her Spongebob Squarepants," said my Mam, jokingly.

No sooner had Mam said that than Emma defiantly announced, "I Memma!!"

OK, so she hasn't figured out the spacing in the words properly yet, but... She knows who she is, and it isn't Spongebob! LOL!

7 comments:

Rita said...

Oh that is so funny! She sure does know who she is! :):):)

Intense Guy said...

LOL!

She sure doesn't LOOK like SpongeBob!

I hope she is always mentally absorbent - she'll be keeping you on your toes for sure!

AliceKay said...

LOL That's cute. Kids are so smart these days. :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

That's too funny!! Kids say the cutest things!

Toriz said...

Glad you all enjoyed this post. Like I said, I thought it was so cute and funny I just had to share it! :)

Iggy:
I hope so too; she'll go far if she keeps being this bright! :)

Lynn said...

That is so darn cute, kids are so funny for sure!

Toriz said...

*Nods at Lynn*