Thursday, December 29, 2011

Furkid thoughts: Santa Paws spotting plan

Hi there humans, this is Kero.

So, you've all been wondering about my plan to catch Santa Paws, right?

Well, this was my plan:

Where Mami moved my bed when the tree went up I can see the tree and the doorway clearly, plus - if he thinks he's clever enough to try it - I could also see if he came in through the fireplace. I also had a perfect view of the other door to the front room. In short, where my bed is, no matter how Santa Paws entered the living room (where the tree and stockings are) I would be able to see him. My plan was simple; I'd spend the night in the bed in the living room instead of sleeping with the humans. I do that sometimes anyway, so Santa Paws wouldn't have thought it was strange. The added bonus here is that when I sleep in there I tend to sleep lighter; listening harder for sounds made by my humans - especially Mami - in case she slips away in the night or something.

But somehow he still snuck in!

Mami put the stockings on the sofa. I checked them; they were empty. Then we started getting sorted for bed. I spent the night in my living room bed, but still when I got up in the morning the stockings were somehow full of presents.

I don't get it!

The only time I wasn't there was when I went for my before bed pee, but he couldn't have come in then, because my humans were still up, and they'd have said something if the stockings got filled then, wouldn't they?

Plus, how could he have gotten in the house without me hearing him?

This Santa Paws guy is very sneaky!

I'm not giving up though... I'll try again next year!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Smiles and giggles. I think you need to enlist the aid of some helpers, Kero! Perhaps get one of your buddies to come for a visit ... an extra set of ears and sniffing noses would do the trick I thinks.

Rubs you on the head and gives ya a belly rubbing,

Your pal,

Iggy

Rita said...

That SantyPaws is one sneaky guy!! Better luck next year. ;)

Magaly Guerrero said...

He has done the same thing to me for sooo many years, Kero, so don't feel too bad. My theory is that he has sleepy just or salts or something.

I can't wait to read about your plans for next year!

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Thank you for the comments all; I'm glad it isn't only me he keeps giving the slip to!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL! Sneaky Santa!!!

Bella thought about staying up to watch for Santa too, but we told her if she spotted him, he wouldn't leave her anything! Fixed that problem!!!

AliceKay said...

That Santa Paws is one sneaky fella! Good luck next year, Kero.

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Thanks Jeannie and AK!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Toriz said...

Jeannie:
I love it! Will have to remember that one for when I have my own little one! ;)

Deanna said...

That sneaky Santa Paws! It almost makes you wonder if your humans were in on it... but no, that isn't possible... is it?

Then again, who cares how he gets in, as long as you get pressies!

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Deanna:
Nah, it couldn't be them... Not my humans!

I agree though; as long as I get presents. Though I can't help wondering; nobody else manages to get past me!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero