Thursday, December 08, 2011

Furkid thoughts: the story of the cat and the squirrel

Hi there humans, this is Kero here.

Today I have a story for you of what happened when I was out on walkies recently.

There's a squirrel that hangs out in some trees at the end of the street, my humans want photos of it, but it's really quick and sneaky so they haven't managed to get any photos yet. From what I can tell squirrels are rather tricky to get photos of.

Anyway...

We were just setting out on our walkies when the squirrel came in to view, ran across the road, and disappeared in to the bushes before we could get a photo. But it didn't just run like normal... It was throwing things over its shoulder as it ran.

We were confused, until we saw this...


The squirrel was throwing things at the cat, which was chasing it.

When the cat saw us it sat down right in our path, daring us to come any closer.


The squirrel got away while the cat was busy eyeing me up (and while I was trying desperately to persuade my humans to let me go to it to try and make friends).

After a bit the cat got bored and left, and we continued with our walkies.

And that's the story of the cat and the squirrel.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

7 comments:

Deanna said...

I don't know how to break this to you Kero hun, but that cat probably didn't want to be your friend. Your humans saved you from some great heartbreak.

Maybe Iggy can give them some tips on taking pictures of squirrels. Personally I'd be scared that squirrel would throw something at me and break the lens of my camera!

Cute story.

Deanna

Furry Bottoms said...

Fantastic story!! :) The cat was probably waiting for you guys to pass by so she could resume her chase. Parsley is probably right though, that cat would have broken your heart.

Rita said...

That cat didn't look in a friendly mood. Probably a good thing they didn't let you try to make friends. What excitement on your walk!! This new place you live is pretty cool! :):)

That corgi :) said...

What a cute story! That was funny the squirrel was throwing things at the cat! That cat was teasing you just sitting there. Cats do the same thing here with Koda, they know when he is on his leash and they just saunter by him.

I hope you all had a nice day!

betty

AliceKay said...

You just never know what you might find when you're out walking. :)

Intense Guy said...

Hey, I can tell you absolutely nothing about how to get a good squirrel photograph... Such a feat as eluded me for years and years now.

I don't think you really wanted to be friends with that cat - if the squirrel didn't like it - it probably wasn't very likable.

:)

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Deanna:
Mami said it didn't want to be friends too; I don't understand why though!

I also don't understand the humans' obsession with wanting photos of things; especailly things that aren't me!

Nikki:
Mami wonders if the cat was trying to act all tough to put me off chasing the squirrel so it could have it to itself?

Rita:
Yes, it is! So many things to smell, see, etc!

Betty:
Yes, cats like to tease us dogs; it's so mean! I've known some that don't tease me, but I think cats can't resist teasing dogs at least sometimes.

AK:
Very true!

Iggy:
That's true!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero