Tilting her face upwards, she allowed the sunlight to bathe her face in its warmth. The feel of it gave her renewed energy, which allowed her to climb to her feet. Forgetting the pain in her legs for a moment, she turned and putt one hand on the trunk of the Oak she had been leaning against. Its bark felt rough beneath her hands as she gently stroked the old tree.
The old Oak's strength seemed to flow through her fingertips. It travelled up her arm, and coarsed through her body. Its strength became hers, and she smiled to herself as she stood there with the rough bark beneath her hand.
Placing both palms flat on the trunk of the old tree, she tilted her head upwards once more to expose her face to the beam of sunlight shining down on her through the tree's branches. She stood like that for a while, feeling her strength renewed by the old Oak, and by the warmth of the sun.
Finally, she rested her forehead between her hands, still smiling, and whispered, "thank you, my friend," to the tree. Then, without another word, she turned back the way she had come, and headed home.
8 comments:
Aw, this really made me smile.
Hugs.
P.s., You are too modest. I'd be right after Marmite Toasty in the bookseller shop line to get you to autograph my copy of your book.
Very, very good. I'm with the others...you could write a book. And I would be standing right there in line behind Marmitetoasty and Iggy waiting for your autograph. *hugs*
very cute story. Very detailed and pretty. =]
Well, dang it, I guess I have to take my place fourth in line, rather than second. Tori, I could feel that warm sun renewing my strength. Keep on writing hun.
Thanks all. *Blushes*
Iggy:
Glad it made you smile.
*steps in line behind Deanna*
Love it!
Thanks Styxie and Barb! :)
Post a Comment