Thursday, March 22, 2012

2012 Vernal Equinox moon and sun

I decided I wanted photos of the Sunrise on the Vernal Equinox. So I found out the time, and then arranged for Kelly to help me get photos of it.

The sliver of a moon was still visible as the sun was beginning to show signs of rising, so we grabbed photos of that too:




And here are the photos of the sunrise:












You'll have to excuse the streetlamps in some of the photos; the best place to get photos would have been on the peer, but we couldn't go on it since it's closed (due to a fire; it happened over a year ago, but due to ownership issues the repairs are yet to be carried out).

9 comments:

Rita said...

How beautiful to see a sunrise over the ocean!!! Gorgeous!! :):):)

Anonymous said...

Rita:
Glad you enjoyed the photos. :)

ChicagoLady said...

Beautiful sunrise!

betty said...

All great pictures! Good idea to capture the theme as you did!

betty

Queenie Jeannie said...

What glorious photos, Tori!!! Great job!

AliceKay said...

Great job on the photos. I love seeing sunrise shots, and you got good ones in this set. :)

Anonymous said...

Chicago, Betty, Jeannie & AK:
I'm glad you all enjoyed the photos! :)

Intense Guy said...

...and I captioned them all wrong... putting in backwards order. I'm sorry Tori.

Do you know what is out on that pier yet?

Anonymous said...

Iggy:
It's OK; I'm sure people can figure it out. Besides, maybe you meant to count down; 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Sun's up! :)

On the peer? *Looks confused*