The anual Frost Fair to welcome Winter in, and kick off the holiday celebrations for our area, was on Saturday November 26th 2016. The day was a little chilly, but otherwise really nice.
I meant for us to go down to watch the Frost Fair this year. I also meant to make sure my phone had a full battery so I could get some better shots, since my iPhone takes pretty good photos, but our ordinary camera isn't that great. Unfortunately, neither thing happened. I only remembered at the last moment that it was the day of the Frost Fair, and my phone's battery died just as I went to try and use it. So you'll have to put up with the slightly blurry photos we got from our living room window with the ordinary camera. I hope you enjoy them regardless of the poor photo quality. I need to get a new camera... *sigh*
Anyway... Here are the photos:
8 comments:
You're smart to get the pictures from your window instead of going out and braving the cold.
Danielle:
Yeah, it was certainly warmer indoors than outside, that's for sure.
A frost fair sounds fun. I'm like you -- I'd rather be an "ïnnie" than an outie on a cold day!
Jeanie:
I don't mind the cold, and I don't mind being outside on a cold day, but I prefer to do so when I can keep moving. Standing still in the cold isn't much fun. Although, even that's better than standing out in the cold and wet, and at least it wasn't a wet day that day, which I'm sure everyone involved in the Frost Fair and parade was pleased about.
Looked like a miserable day for parades and celebrations. You were better off inside, I think. ;)
Rita:
The camera makes the weather look worse than it was. But, yeah, it wasn't the brightest and warmest of days weatherwise.
As long as you enjoyed it - inside or out!
Smiles!
Iggy:
Yes, enjoying it is most important. *smiles*
Post a Comment