Personally, I haven't done many crafts recently.
I stopped making cards, because I wasn't enjoying it so much any more. Making the odd card here and there is fun; I like playing with glue, glitter, ribbons, and various other things from time to time to make something creative. But making cards for everyone started feeling like a chore, and then I'd feel guilty if I made cards for some people and not for others. So I stopped. Part of it was that I felt like I needed Kelly to step in with sighted help to see that things were good enough, and then felt bad for dragging him in to it when cardmaking isn't something he enjoys. He insists he doesn't mind - no doubt that's true - but I still felt guilty, and it took the fun out of it for me.
As for knitting and sewing - which was the other main thing I was doing as regards crafting: I took a break from knitting and sewing while deciding what project to work on next, and life happened, so I didn't actually end up picking a project. I never needed Kelly's help for more than identifying colours when it came to these kinds of projects, and that somehow made it easier for me to accept. So I actually miss doing these kinds of craft projects (even though I still have the worry that what I make won't be good enough). Maybe I'll pick up my needles again soon? Maybe I'll pick something from this list of 150 sewing projects I found online? You never know!
There are a few other random craft projects I've thought - sometimes even talked - about doing. But I never got around to them, and can't even remember what most of them were any more. Maybe I'll get around to figuring out what they were, and actually doing them? Maybe...
I haven't yet. I still have a stack of craft supplies, and often think of starting a new craft project, but that's as far as I seem to get. One of these days I'll start a new craft project, and when I do, I'll share it with you. Just be warned: this is not me making a promise of craft projects coming soon, and it will probably be a while before this happens. In the meantime, you could always check out the list I linked to above for inspiration for your own craft projects, especially if you enjoy sewing.
8 comments:
I loved Rita's card. Very clever. I think we all go in crafty streaks and suddenly there are a boatload of supplies that could be used for anything and we haven't figured out what thing that is! It'll happen and if it doesn't it's because you're doing something else worthwhile!
Jeanie:
That's a good way to look at it... Thanks! :)
I have a a bunch of craft projects going all at once, I really enjoy it! Rita is a doll! She makes beautiful cards:)
Rita's card is very pretty. I can definitely understand taking a break from making cards if it was stressing you out, and if you felt like you couldn't do it for everyone. We all seem to have different amounts of times to devote to different things at different points in our lives. Sometimes people get the handmade card, sometimes they get a Hallmark card. Sometimes people get homemade birthday cake, sometimes they get grocery store cupcakes.
I have zero crafting/sewing ability, so I look forward to seeing what you do, whenever that may be.
LOL! Thanks, Tori! That was a very plain card, but I'm glad you liked it. I've kind of been on a crafting break for a few months myself. Working on setting up my bullet journal right now. I always have long lists of potential projects. Need to get back to working on some of them again this winter. You'll get back to it when you are ready. Sometimes we just need breaks or we just get busy doing other things. ;)
Farside:
Yeah, I've seen that you're working on several craft projects. Some of them sound very creative and fun!
Danielle:
True. And... Thanks! I hope I don't disappoint you when you see what I end up making in the end. ;)
Rita:
True: sometimes we just need breaks or get busy. I know you've done plenty of more fancy cards, but I always love getting your cards, and Kelly always comments on how nice they are. :)
Post a Comment