You know one of the reasons I like cold better though, right? SNOW!
With all the cold weather, we got more snow! YAY!
Kelly took this video late on February 26th 2018 from our back window:
He tried for photos that night too, but they didn't work out too well. I'd have kept them if the snow had been gone by morning, but it was still there, so I won't bother with the ones Kelly says are awful from the night the snow arrived (our guess is the camera was trying to focus on something other than the snow in night mode, and failing to focus properly on anything in the attempt; pictures were either really blurry or we had to have the light on in here and it was causing reflection issues). That's why Kelly did the above video: hoping it would work better (which it did).
Just in case the snow was gone by morning, I made a snowball from what I could reach from the window. I'd have gone down to see it, but Lilie isn't very good at going downstairs quietly, I wasn't sure how she'd react to me attempting to creep downstairs without her - she might have been fine, since Kelly would have been with her, but we aren't 100% certain - and it was nearly midnight. We figured it wasn't fair on our neighbours to have Lilie either boundingdown the stairs like a maniac or potentially barking... Not at that time of night. So I made a snowball from what I could gather from the windowsill with the window open, and gave it to Lilie... Who promptly ate it.
Anyway, when we got up in the morning (February 27th 2018) the view from the back window looked like this:
While the view from the front - where we can actually see the ocean - looked like this:
One of our neighbours started running daily a little over a year ago. We've been paying attention, because we wondered how long he'd keep it up. He's certainly commited to doing it daily. We've seen him out there in sun, rain, and now snow:
We don't know who he is, but we're proud of him for being so commited. Go, Running Guy, go!
Naturally, Lilie and I had to go out and see the snow too...
Kelly even got a short video of us doing so:
Lilie and I did see more of the snow than you see photos and video time. But there weren't any more photos or videos to share.
Anyway, we expected the snow to be gone next day. It wasn't!
This is how it looked next day (February 28th 2018) from our back windows:
And this is how it looked from the front windows, with the ocean view:
Some of the snow was gone the following morning (March 1st 2018). But, just as I was sulking about that, it started snowing a little again. It led to me having a conversation with Kelly - which I posted on Tsocial media - that went like this:
Me: "Missing: #snow. If found, please return to St Leonards seafront."
Hubby: "It's snowing again."
Me: "Hey, someone brought it back already!"
We actually ended up with a good four inches of snow... I think possibly even more than that. But the sunny spells in between snow showers, combined with the salt in the air from the ocean, kept melting the top layer of snow, so we never had all that much on the ground at any given time. The most we had on the ground in one go was about two inches, I think, though it may not have been quite that much, and most of the time we only had about an inch on the ground at any given time. Still, it was "real" snow, and lots of it. Plus, it stuck around for several days, which Lilie and I thought was great!
5 comments:
Oh nice! Love the videos--especially of Lillie in the snow.
I am one that prefers the cold, too, as you know. We're getting above freezing during the days and the snow is slowly sinking and melting. :(
You must be in your element with the snow! I know you've spoken about how long and how much you wanted some! Well, you got it! I love the Lilie views -- she's such a cutie! And boy, that's pretty impressive -- the beach covered with snow!
Rita:
Glad you enjoyed the videos. Yep, I know you prefer it colder too. It's warmed up a bit here too, and our snow has gone away.
Jeanie:
Yeah, I was enjoying it... Until it melted and went away. I thought you'd like the photos of the snowy beach. Shows how much snow we got when even the beach has snow on it, eh? ;)
Great photos and videos!
Just enough snow to be fun and not too messy!!!
Hope it warms up a little bit though!
Iggy:
Personally, I wouldn't have complained about more snow. I know most people thought it was more than enough though, and I was pleased with how much we got. As for the temperatures... They warmed up for a while, but we're back around the freezing mark today.
Post a Comment