Friday, March 09, 2018

#Furkid Friday: Joshua The #Degu Turns 5 (FD)

Hi everyone. This is Joshua the degu.

(Above photo of me taken yesterday... March 8th 2018).

Today is my birthday. I'm five human years old. For a degu that's a good age.

I mean, degus can live as old as seven or eight. Some have even made it to about ten. But we're like rabbits and guinea pigs and often don't even make it to five, let alone past that. So the human caretakers are very happy that I'm around to celebrate turning five, especially since I'm currently nice and healthy, and pretty happy. As happy as I can be living by myself anyway.

So... Happy birthday to me!

I haven't had my extra birthday nibbles yet, but I know I'll get some... The human caretakers always hand out extra nibbles when birthdays happen, so I better go, just in case they're planning to do that right now. I'm hoping for extra Shreddies, or possibly some oatmeal, or maybe a chinchilla cookie or two. Keep your paws crossed for me, OK?

Squeak soon,
Joshua

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Joshua!

Paws crossed that you get lots of goodies!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy!

Squeak soon,
Joshua

Rita said...

OMGoodness! Doesn't seem that long ago you and your brothers came to live with your humans!! Wow! Happy Birthday! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Rita!

Squeak soon,
Joshua