Wednesday, August 22, 2018

#WednesdayWisdom - August 2018

The main thing is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live.
~Auguste Rodin

Order and simplification are the first steps toward the mastery of a subject.
~Thomas Mann

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
~Leonardo da Vinci

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
~Aristotle

Some people consider the practice of love and compassion is only related to religious practice and if they are not interested in religion they neglect these inner values. But love and compassion are qualities that human beings require just to live together.
~Dalai Lama

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
~J.R.R. Tolkien

You’re braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think.
~Winnie-the-Pooh

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I think Rodin and Winnie the Pooh wrap up my philosophy perfectly!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I'm with you on that one!

Rita said...

I like them all! Happy Thursday, Tori! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Glad to hear you liked them all! :)

IntenseGuy said...

The only thing better than a Tolkien quote is one by Winnie-the-Pooh.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Indeed!