When I heard Mummy was going to go for one of those hospital trips again, I thought I'd invite a couple of friends over while she'd be gone. Except, there were lots of friends I wanted to invite over, and they were all happy to come for a visit. So I'm starting to introduce my friends early, and this is going to be more than just something for while Mummy is going to the hospital place again. In fact, Mummy says we can do it after she's home too, if there are any writers' pets who want to come over for a visit. Although, because we'll need to be able to do our regular "Furkid Friday" posts some weeks too, there will only be one spot a month available as from March, though February will be full of new friends for you to meet.
So, if you're a writer's pet - regardless of species - and you want to come over and talk to me, or one of the squeaky things in cages, you can get in touch with us, and we'll send you the questions you need to answer to do it. Send us an email to keroberous2004@gmail.com with the subject "Friends of Furkid Friday" (you have to do that bit, or Mummy might think it's junk and delete it by accident). Just be patient with Mummy while she deals with the hospital thing, because it's going to make her slow doing things on the computer, and probably off it too.
Back to today though, and the first friend I want to introduce you to is Frankie Boyack.
So, Frankie, for those who don't know you, what species and breed are you?
I'm a bulldog girl.
How nice. Describe your appearance. I've got a photo of you with your Dad to show people, but please describe yourself too, for the benefit of those who can’t see the photo.
I look a lot like my older brother in that we're brindle with white. I'm smaller than he is, and a bit darker too.
Dad calls me a monkey, because I like to climb all over the furniture. If anyone tells you bulldogs are lazy, it isn't true.
I'll bear that in mind. By the way, here's that photo of Frankie and her Dad I mentioned just now:
So, Frankie, what sort of place do you live in? Who do you share it with?
First, there's Mom and Dad. They feed me and give me lovin's. There's also my brother, Otto. He's the one who got me started on chasing squirrels out of the back yard.
I love to chase things too. It's birds I chase most though... Don't see many squirrels. Anyway, what’s your favourite thing to do?
I really like to play ball. It's so much fun to run after and chase. I like it when it bounces, and I have to slide on the hard floor.
Ohhh... I love balls! Speaking of toys, do you have a favourite toy? If yes, what is it?
Ball, of course. There have been others, but I tend to eat them. I had surgery last year because I swallowed something bad for me.
I'm sorry to hear that. Mummy and I remember reading about that on your Dad's blog. We're both really glad you're OK now. Yeah, best to stick with balls. Speaking of eating things though, what’s your favourite food?
Mom makes Sunday breakfast. Sometimes she breaks an egg, then gives them to Otto and I. I think she breaks a few on purpose, just so we can have some too.
Sounds great, and that's really nice of her to break some on purpose for you guys to have some too. Speaking of your humans, what’s the one thing your humans do that you love most?
I really like to play, but I like belly rubs too. I won't lay down for them, so I stand on the arm of the couch so they can reach.
Good idea standing up where they can reach you like that. Of course, we dogs never like everything our humans try to do with us. So, tell us, what’s the one thing your humans do that you hate most?
I don't like it when they go to work. Otto and I hang out, but there's nobody to throw the ball for me.
I can see why you wouldn't like that. By the way, I know your human is a writer. Has he written anything about you? If yes, can you tell us about it? If no, do you think he will in the future?
I don't know if he ever will, but I've been on his blog before. One of Dad's friends borrowed Otto and wrote him into a short story before. It was too scary for me though.
That's great that you've been on his blog at least. I hope someone writes a story about you soon, whether it's your Dad, or one of his friends. Speaking of writing, what do you do while your human writes?
Sometimes I like to cuddle with him, but sometimes I find one of my Nylabones, or watch for the squirrel.
Those all sound like great options. Cuddles with humans are great, aren't they? One last thing before we end this: is there anything else you’d like people to know about you?
Just that bulldogs are a lot of fun. We like to hang out and play hard too.
Good to know. Anyway, thanks for visiting today, Frankie. I'll let you get back to chasing those balls and squirrels.
***~~~***
Author bio, links, etc



14 comments:
Thanks for inviting Frankie over today. (And for including one picture where I combed my hair.)
I love this post! It's so nice seeing Frankie here and hearing about her life from her perspective. She's such a cutie.
Craig, thanks for sharing.
Victoria, nicely done. And wishing you a speedy recovery after your surgery.
This is an adorable feature, Tori! I'm such an animal lover, and love reading about other peoples' pets. Nice pic of you and Frankie, Craig!
I really enjoyed hearing Frankie's side of things. This was a fun post and so nicely presented.
Victoria, please take care. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery!
Craig:
You and Frankie are very welcome. I thought you might be glad to have that photo included. ;)
Staci:
Thanks for visiting! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Also, thanks for the well wishes.
Teri:
Thanks... I'm glad you enjoyed the post.
Anonymous:
I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for the well wishes.
Frankie looks like a sweetie! Enjoyed this post, Lilie and Victoria <3
This was terrific. Thanks for having Frankie over, Lillie. Thank your mom too.
jbiggar:
Thanks for visiting... Glad you enjoyed the post.
John:
Glad you enjoyed the post.
Lots of licks,
Lilie
This was fun to read! Looking forward to more visits. :)
Rita:
Glad you thought so. I have lots more friends coming to visit soon.
Lots of licks,
Lilie
What an awesome chat with Frankie!!
Jan:
Thanks for visiting, and I'm glad you enjoyed the post.
Awesome to hear from writers' pets.
Diidii:
Thanks for visiting, and glad you think so.
Post a Comment