Wednesday, September 25, 2019

#WriterWednesday: #Quotes About Creativity And #Writing

Perfectionism is a mean, frozen form of idealism, while messes are the artist's true friend. What people somehow forget to mention when we were children was that we need to make messes in order to find out who we are and why we are here.
~Anne Lamott

I begin with an idea, and then it becomes something else.
~Pablo Picasso

The pen is the tongue of the mind.
~Miguel deCevantes Saavedra

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
~Ernest Hemingway

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say
~Anaïs Nin

It's a delicious thing to write...to be no longer yourself but to move in an entire universe of your own creating.
~Gustave Flauvert

Write a novel if you must, but think of money as an unlikely accident. Get your reward out of writing it, and try to be content with that.
~Pearl Buck

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

A mess or mistake can be a great opportunity to grow and improve. I love that Lamott quote. And spot on with Pearl Buck's quote.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I agree. :)

Danielle L Zecher said...

That Anais Nin quote is one of my absolute favorites.

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
Glad I could include a favourite of yours. :)