Thursday, May 28, 2020

#AmReading + #AmWatching + #AmListening - Media Shares And #Reviews 28-05-20

Picking five favorite books is like picking the five body parts you'd most like not to lose
~Neil Gaiman

Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!

*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.

Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.

If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.

Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Unless otherwise stated, all music videos are via YouTube.


OK. Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, and which song I'm going to share this week, shall we? After all, that's the point of this post, and why you're here today, right?

  • Reading:
This week I've been reading "An Echo In The Bone" - the 7th book in the "Outlander" series.  I haven't finished it yet though, and I didn't read anything else this week, so I don't have any book reviews to share with you today.

  • Watching:

This week I watched "Dumbo" (the 2019 version).  This was the first time I'd seen this one, though I've seen the old one several times.  There's more of the touching message in the new one, so I loved the ending of it better.  On the other hand, most of the movie wasn't as good as the old one, and was only, "Good... Not great," meaning I enjoyed it, but didn't love it - apart from the ending.  With that in mind, I give it four out of five stars.

 

  • Listening:
This week I've been listening to 90s pop music again.  So, here's a song by my favourite band from that time, and another I've seen live in concert: Boyzone.  Since I couldn't decide on a song to share, I'm sharing the first Boyzone song that comes up when I search for them on the thing for adding a video via YouTube, which is "No Matter What" (at least, it is today, though they don't always show up search results in the same order).  Anyway, enjoy!


2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I wondered about the Dumbo remake.It can get dicey messing with a classic. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yeah, it was good. Not as good as the original, but still. I always worry about whether I'm going to enjoy remakes of things I loved, but have to watch them anyway to see if they did a good job of remaking it. In this case they mostly did, thankfully.