Wednesday, May 13, 2020

#WriterWednesday: #WritersLife + Writerly #Quotes And Links + A #Sale Reminder - 13-05-20 - #AmWriting

I want to write, but more than that, I want to bring out all kinds of things that lie buried deep in my heart.
~Anne Frank

I wrote a couple of new poems this week, as well as finally finishing the proofing of "Snowlilie's Brother" - the story inspired by Lilie and Logan.  So, now I just need to format the versions of the manuscript I need to publish the various formats, and then it will be ready to publish.  Nicely timed too, since my cover artist sent me the final version of the cover late Monday night (I found it in my inbox yesterday morning).  I might still manage to publish it before the end of May, but it might be early June instead.  I'm only a little behind my planned schedule... Not bad considering how things have been with my writing for the past several months.

As for afterwards: I already have a couple of other stories in various stages of completion from last year - none of them far enough along that I'm ready to tell you about them yet - plus another I ended up starting a couple of weeks ago, so I'll be making one of those my main writing project now that I'm about to publish "Snowlilie's Brother" at last.  Especially now my muse has stopped huddling in the corner sobbing in despair while shaking with terror, so is willing to embrace her creativity, and discuss projects with me again.

"Ask yourself in the stillest hour of the night: Must I write?"
~Rainer Maria Rilke

OK.  On that note, let's move on, and see what I've found to share with you this week.

The writing process, and writing life in general:

"You have to simply love writing, and you have to remind yourself often that you love it."
~Susan Orlean

Characters:

Random writing tips:

"The more specific you get, the more universal it is. It's a special alchemy of storytelling."
~Mara Wilson

Publishing:

The business side of writing:

"To survive, you must tell stories."
~Umberto Eco

Tune in to The Merry Writer Podcast on Youtube - also available to listen to elsewhere.

"Every story, every incident, every bit of conversation is raw material for me."
~Sylvia Plath

Don't forget: all my poetry collections and children's stories are still on sale in the Smashwords "Authors Give Back" sale through May 31st 2020.  So, head over to my Smashwords author page and grab yourself - or your kids - some eBooks for $2.00 or less.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

It sounds as though you've been very productive. Well done. That's quite a bit!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yes, I have... For the first time in ages. Thanks.