Wednesday, September 16, 2020

#Quotes About The Enjoyment Of #Books And #Reading

“Books had instant replay long before televised sports.”

~Bern Williams

 

*~*~*

 

“Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries,hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent.”

~Stephen King

 

*~*~*

 

“The best cinema in the world is the brain, and you know it when you read a good book.”

~Ridley Scott

  

*~*~*

 

“I love books because I don’t have to wait for the commercials to be over to find out what happens.”

~Unknown

 

*~*~*

 

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”

~Groucho Marx

  

*~*~*

 

“There is no pleasure so cheap, so innocent, and so remunerative as the real, hearty pleasure and taste for reading.”

~Robert Lowe

  

*~*~*

 

“Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier.”

~Kathleen Norris

  

*~*~*

 

“When I think of all the books still left for me to read, I am certain of further happiness.”

~Jules Renard

  

*~*~*

 

“Men must read for amusement as well as for knowledge.”

~Henry Ward Beecher

 

  *~*~*

         

“Reading is a way for me to expand my mind, open my eyes, and fill up my heart.”

~Oprah

  

*~*~*

 

“The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading.”

~David Bailey

  

*~*~*

 

“Reading in bed jumpstarts dreams.”

~Terri Guillemets

 

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love each and every one of these!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thought you might, and am glad of it. :)