Wednesday, September 30, 2020

#Quotes About How #Books And #Reading Will Take You Places

“I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.”

~Jorge Luis Borges

 

*~*~*

 

“I love the way that each book—any book—is its own journey. You open it, and off you go….”

~Sharon Creech

  

*~*~*

 

“You can travel the world and never leave your chair when you read a book.”

~Sherry K. Plummer

  

*~*~*

 

“Reading takes us away from home, but more important, it finds homes for us everywhere.”

~Hazel Rochman

  

*~*~*

 

“Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere.”

~Mary Schmich

  

*~*~*

 

“Here’s to books, the cheapest vacation you can buy.”

~Charlaine Harris

  

*~*~*

 

“He that loves reading has everything within his reach.”

~William Godwin



4 comments:

Rita said...

Even though I can't read like I used to, I loved the quotes and agree with them all!! :)

Jeanie said...

They're right -- the cheapest vacation! Love it

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Glad to hear it, even if I'm sorry you can't read so easily any more.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Definitely! Plus, you get to sleep in your own bed at the end of each day, which is nice.