Thursday, May 01, 2008

Sunny May Day

OMG! It's May already! What happened to April? *Looks for it but can't find it... Shrugs helplessly* LOL!

Well, May's started off beautiful and sunny here in Wales. I'll be very surprised if it stays nice all through the month, but at least it started off nicely. Yesterday (Wednesday) was a horrible day (weather wise). There were some sunny spells, but it was one of those days where it would be sunny one minute, raining the next. Unfortunately, the bits where it rained lasted longer than the sunny bits did. Still, we got our carpet sorted so that's all we cared about at the time.

The guy who came to do the carpets was a bit early. Luckily we'd gotten up in plenty of time and Kelly had moved a lot of the stuff out of the way already. Mam, Dad and the carpet man arrived at the same time. Still, we got the carpets down and paid for and got all the furniture back where it belongs, so no complaints here.

We did also make a start on unpacking a couple of bits, but we didn't get very far on that. Mam and I were unpacking movies and CDs and putting braille labels on them as we did so, so it slowed the process a fair bit. We had to unpack the stuff, write the braille label for it, put the label on, then put it on the shelf. A lot slower than just grabbing it and sticking it on a shelf, but it'll be easier in the long run to do this while we're unpacking the stuff.

Mam and Dad stayed for dinner. We all figured they might as well since they were helping us put furniture back well in to the afternoon. So, Mam cooked a beef dinner for us all, which we all enjoyed.

While Mam and I were getting CDs and DVDs labeled, Dad had a fiddle with "his" computer to see if he can get it fixed. It looks as though he might have had some success - *touch wood* - as the machine seems to be working again now. Question is, will it stay that way once the programmes are put back on it? We shall see!

They were here until about 7:30 pm, and I was VERY tired when they left - having had only about three hours sleep Tuesday night - so I went straight to bed. Didn't help much though, because I was still laying there, wide awake, at about 2:30 am this morning. I did fall asleep not too long after that, I think, but I didn't have a very restful night and ended up being up since 9:00 am. I did try to go back to bed, but first Kero wanted out, then the post came, then the vet called... After that I gave up and decided I obviously wasn't meant to get any more sleep. Maybe I'll have better luck tonight?

Haven't done much today. Sorted some washing, unpacked a couple more bits, that kind of thing. Nothing special.

My Mam's doing a pre-wedding party for Carl and Rachel near the end of the month, so I'm hoping to have all the stuff unpacked before that so it's all done before they come visit while they're down from Norwich for the party. Would be nice having the place actually looking like a home by the time they come visit.

I've abandoned my attempts at playing "Sarah And The Castle Of Witchcraft And Wizardry" because I wasn't getting on with it all that well, and my trial is nearly up. I'm not paying for a game I can't figure out how to use properly, because I'm not paying for something I'm not enjoying.

I finished listening to the other audio book I borrowed from the library. It's called "The Kitchen Maid" and is by Valarie Wood. The book tells the story of the life of a kitchen maid named "Jenny" in the 1800s who is accused of murdering the son of the house. I can't really say any more about it without giving too much of the story away. All I can say is that I enjoyed listening to it, and that any of you who enjoy stories about people who deal with a lot in their lives (love, loss, etc, etc) will enjoy it too.

The only other thing I wanted to say today was that today is the birthday of a family friend... Emma. She's been a family friend since I was a baby (possibly before for all I know) and today is her birthday, so I thought she deserved a mention. So - though I doubt she'll read this - happy birthday Emma.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day, :)

Tori

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sounds like a busy day yesterday. Glad to hear your carpet is down and furniture is in place. Also sounds like a good idea labeling things as you unpack. Will all be worthwhile when finished.

LadyStyx said...

You're right, no sense in paying for something that you dont enjoy. I always play what I can thru trials and online before I put money down for it.

Glad the carpets got finished and nice to see that things are getting organized for you. It'll take some time but will be well worth it.

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

wow what a busy little bee you have been.

its good you have the carpets down at last and it really must feel like home.

Tori_z said...

Yes, it is nice to have the carpets in and everything coming together