Saturday, May 31, 2008

Friday 30th May 2008

Didn't get on here in time to get this post actually on Friday, but never mind.

Anyway...

Kelly went to the market to get some fresh veg for us (like he does every Friday... at the moment). I'm not going right now because going out in to the sun light increases the pain, so we've both agreed that it's best if Kelly goes for now. Anyway, while he was in town, he got a rawhide bone for upstairs' dog (Daisy) as a "thank you" for the rawhide shoe they got for Kero Thursday. When he gave it to them they said we "didn't have to do that" but I already knew that. I asked Kelly to get Daisy a little treat because I wanted to, not because I felt I had to.

Not a lot else has been going on. I've been watching series six of "Full House" which I got on DVD a couple of months back (actually, Mam brought it for me back in February). I didn't get a chance to watch it before it got packed, and it was only a couple of weeks ago it got unpacked and labeled, so it was only now I could get to watch it. Just need to get series seven and series eight now and I have the whole set on DVD.

I also watched "Practical Magic" yesterday (Friday). It's one of my favourite movies, so I've seen it so many times I could probably resite it almost word for word if I wanted to. But, I LOVE that movie, so I thought I'd watch it again. "Practical Magic" and "The Craft" are the only movies I've seen more times than the Harry Potter movies (meaning, more times than I've seen each movie. If you add all the Harry Potter movie viewings together then it's a different story. LOL!)

Yesterday was my Uncle Philip and Aunty Bev's birthdays. So, a belated happy birthday to them. :)

Also - for anyone not reading their blogs, but interested - I thought I'd let you all know that...

MarmiteToasty's back in hospital, because things didn't go as smoothly as hoped with her op. Hopefully though she shouldn't be in there long. *Sends possitive thoughts for a speedy recovery to Toasty*

On a brighter note... Kaylee - who's spent the past few months stuck in hospital - is scheduled to get to go home and be with her family and friends in the comfort of her own home on Wednesday. So, I'm sure you'll all agree that that's fantastic news. :)

Right, I think that's enough from me for today. Besides, I'm tired and want to go to bed.

Tori

4 comments:

Kati said...

LOL Looks like you've got some fun stuff to watch on TV. My kiddo LOVES "Full House" reruns. And, gotta say, "Practical Magic" and "The Craft" are a couple of movies I find fantastic. (Well, actually, "The Craft" is fun to watch and go "bull-honkey" and "What a crock" to at various points. But, it's still fun.)

I'm so bummed to read Toasty's posts and see her feeling so poorly. And I was thrilled to hear that Kaylee gets to go home to heal while surrounded by her family.

Sorry to hear that you've had to give up your Friday walks for now. I hope that you heal quickly after your surgery and can get back to taking your walks.

AliceKay said...

I loved "Practical Magic" too. Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses.

Sorry to hear about Toasty...hope things get better for her soon. And yep, great news for Kaylee.
Thanks for the updates.

Tori_z said...

Kati:
They don't show the full house re-runs over here. I saw they were on TV when I was over in Canada, but over here they showed the first two or three seasons then that was it. And, that was back when it first started out. So, for me to watch it I had to get the DVDs. Still, I enjoyed it when it was on TV (and when I saw it in Canada) so I don't mind. :)

I agree about the craft. At least it's a good movie, despite some of the rubbish they show in it.

I hope I heal quickly after the surgery too. When I had the other one out I was in for about two weeks because I ended up not well afterwards. I'm hoping that doesn't happen again.

AK:
You're welcome (for the updates) :)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

i cant get into " toasty's " blog, so big hugs from tori's grandma xx,:) and glad " kaylee " is going home to so big hugs as well,xx, :)