Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Today's goings on and possitive thoughts still needed

It's been a warm and sunny day today. Perfect weather... Just right for walking Kero. Or, it would be, if bright light and a lot of heat doesn't mean pain for you. Unfortunately, it does for me. *Sigh* Don't get me wrong, I've had a good day, I just wish the pain in my eye would go away so I could enjoy the nice weather like everyone else.

Mam and Dad came down and we all had dinner together. Mam cooked spaghetti bolagnese (don't know if I spelled that right) which we all enjoyed. They only stayed a couple of hours though. Just long enough for Mam to mow our lawn (when she arrived she announced it needed doing and she'd do it if we had no objections... So, we let her) and for Mam to help me get some of the movies labeled. Well, and for dinner too, obviously.

Got most of the stuff unpacked and sorted now. Still need to label most of the movies and CDs, but most of the other stuff is unpacked, sorted out and put in its place.

The crawl space in our bedroom now only contains things like Christmas decorations and empty suitcases, and Harry's cupboard only contains things like the hoover, shoes and coats (if Harry shows up, we figure he'd prefer the spare room to the cupboard, so we didn't put his bed in there, lol!) There's a cupboard in the spare room I need to sort out, and - as I've already mentioned - all those movies and CDs to label. Other than that we're unpacked. YAY! Actually, we're more unpacked now than we ever were in the old place. LOL!

We've got a tidy sized bag of stuff to go to the charity shop. I'm not sure how much of it will be wanted by other people, but at least I can say we tried to help out. It's just some things we kept around but never really wanted. That and clothes that don't fit in one way or another. Hopefully at least some of it will be useful and help raise some money for them (I think it's the "British Heart Foundation" who the money from the stuff sold goes to).

Haven't seen any updates from Kaylee yet (unless she's put one on her blog since I last checked for one) so I'm keeping her in my thoughts and hoping she's feeling better soon. Not surprised she's not posting updates yet anyway, I mean, she's probably not even feeling like sitting up in bed yet, let alone worrying about updates on blogs. So, I'm sure she'd appreciate you keeping her in your thoughts.

MarmiteToasty isn't recovering as quickly as she'd like to be. I don't know much detail, but things aren't going too well for her and she's REALLY not well at the moment. So, I'm sure she'd appreciate a few extra possitive thoughts and such sent her way too.

*sends hugs and get well wishes to Kaylee and MarmiteToasty*

I think that covers everything. If not, I can always mention it tomorrow or something. LOL!

Tori

6 comments:

LadyStyx said...

LOL @ the Harry references

Glad things are getting unpacked and sorted out for you. We still have a few miscellaneous type boxes we're not sure what to do with. Let me rephrase that...HUBBY has the boxes....for the most part all my stuff is done.

Toasty had a new blog entry up, cant remember when it got posted as I hadnt been in them a couple of days and didnt think to look. What a sense of humor that lady has....had me laughing all the way through.

Intense Guy said...

*hugs*

Thoughts are with YOU, Toastie, and Kaylee. Hope you all feel your best soon -

Seems to me that Harry isn't all that "fussy" about where or on what he sleeps... You might want to check out the owlery though. :)

Kati said...

*grin* Glad you're not relegating Harry to the cabinet under the stairs at your place.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't get out and enjoy the sunshine, Tori. I hope the pain in your eye does go away so you can do a bit of sunbathing with the rest of us.

Best of luck with the rest of the packing and unpacking!

KAYLEE said...

still in very much pain but, i updated :)

Tori_z said...

LadyStyx:
Yeah, saw Toasty's post just after doing mine. She really does have a terrific sense of humor, doesn't she? LOL!

Iggy:
Yeah, I know he's not all that fussy, but I'm sure if given the choice he'd rather a proper bed in a proper room. LOL!

Kati:
I don't think there's much (if any) chance of the pain going away any more. *Sigh* Thanks anyway.

Kaylee:
Sorry you're in so much pain. Will go check your blog in a sec *hugs*

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

hat a good girl you are to " bag " things up that you no longer want.

sorry love that you cant enjoy the sunshine hope the pain will ease of for you.

and big "hugs " for " marmite toasty & kaylee " hope they will soon feel better.