Thursday, July 30, 2009

Birds and beans (kinda FD)



As you can see, I've been out in the back garden with the Sparrows again. :)



And I've managed to get a few slightly different bird photos. Including this next one...



While I was out there I also grabbed a shot of my bean plants, which seem to be doing quite well. At least, one of them does. The other one doesn't seem to be doing quite as well, though it's still doing pretty good. At least, I think it is. I can't really tell properly, so I've been leaving the plants to Kelly and Mam, and they keep saying they're doing well, which is good enough for me.



All being well it shouldn't be too much longer before we have runner beans. At least, that's what we're hoping. Well, Mam and I are. Kelly... Not so much, since he doesn't really like runner beans.

Tori

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

:) @ the (kind of FD) label. Hopefully your beans will be in soon!

And that shot of the sparrow flying up to the feeder is great! You really well catching those birdies! *Hugs*

MarmiteToasty said...

The Beans are looking good.... I had some spare beans so I shoved them in the little bit of soil along the fence and the path, a tiny strip of about 4 inchs wide but about 8 foot long.... and just forgot about them, Jacob left one of his bikes out of the shed up against the fence and the beans have grown over it and through it and now I wont let him put the bike in the shed LOL it will just have to wait until the beans have grown LOL

Love the little sparrows, my cats gave me a pressie to come down to this morning by leaving me a dead one on me kitchen floor LOL

x

Jessica♥ said...

I hate beans. haha

LadyStyx said...

Im not much for beans either. The only way I'll eat anything other than refrieds or bbq beans is if they're in a soup.

AliceKay said...

Looks like your beans are growing quite nicely. Good job with the pics of the birds, too.

Tori_z said...

Glad you all enjoyed the pics.

Iggy:
Yeah, maybe one day I'll get good enough with the bird photos to get something other than House Sparrows? :)

Toasty:
Yeah, that's the only thing I don't really miss with not having cats any more... The "presents" that get brought home.

Hope you get some beans before the bike rusts. LOL!

Jessica & Styxie:
Fine! I'll have your share of the beans then! ;)

AK:
Apparently all the stuff at Mam's place is doing well too. Will have to get her to take some photos and put them on her blog.

Wendyburd1 said...

Our green bean plants are teeny tiny and have produced maybe 25 beans. LOL!

Tori_z said...

Wendy:
Well, despite their size, ours haven't produced beans yet. I'm hoping they do soon.