Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Nothing all that interesting

Sorry, but I don't really have anything all that interesting to post about today.

It's just taken me most of the evening to get online. I thought the internet was playing up - like it often does - but thought it odd that it was working for Kelly and not for me. Eventually we figured out that I'd tugged the wire loose when plugging the laptop in when the battery died earlier. Oops! So I spent a few hours being annoyed at my lack of internet access for nothing... LOL! Thing is, Kelly said it was playing up a bit earlier, so I figured it was just still doing that. If he hadn't noticed it playing up earlier then I'd have checked the wire sooner. Actually, with how often I do this you'd think I'd have learned by now to check the wire straight away, which is the first thing Dad always told me I should do if the internet isn't working. Apparently I haven't managed to make that lesson stick in my mind though. ;)

We had a HUGE storm yesterday (Monday) morning. I was just about to come and check blog posts - since I hadn't bothered coming online on Sunday - when... BOOM! There was a huge thunder clap. I decided to forget the idea of going online, and went and sat on the sofa to listen to the storm. It went on for most of the morning, and by lunch time it was over and the weather was clearing up. The afternoon turned out not too bad weatherwise, which I'm quite pleased about, because I had to be outside part of the afternoon.

I'm not actually surprised that it rained almost the entire weekend (we just had a few dry patches here and there). Why? Because Kelly had planned to mow the lawn if it was dry. I think there's an unwritten law somewhere that states, "if you make plans in advance that rely on a spacific type of weather, then you will get the opposite type of weather." And, besides, we'd had about a week (or was it more? I forget) of lovely weather. We can't expect that to last, can we? After all, this is Wales... The land of daffodils, dragons, leeks, mountains, music, poetry, and rain. LOL!

Only one more week until the new Potter movie... YAY! :)

Tori

12 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I do believe you are right. I once bought a snowblower and it didn't snow enough for me to use it for nearly three years. Best working snowblower I ever owned.

Wendyburd1 said...

Land of Dragons!! I LOVE dragons!LOL! I know I am so psyched for Potter!! Since I haven't read the whole series I BAWLED when Sirius Black died so I am anxious as who I will have to bawl over this time!! Agghhh!!

MarmiteToasty said...

we have had 3 months worth of rain in just 24 hours, just as my Jacob headed off to the New Forest on bivi camp LOL.....

To day is bright and sunny though but with heavy showers about....

stay safe..

x

AliceKay said...

Lots of rain and thunderstorms around here. Everything is so wet that the farmers can't get on the fields to get any hay made. Not good at all.

Hope you have a good day today. *hugs*

Celticspirit said...

Listening to storms is always a peaceful thing for me. I love storms as long as they are not right overhead. If I want it to rain then all I have to do is wash the car!

Glad you figured out your internet problems.

MarmiteToasty said...

Last time I went to the pictures was whilst in Maine a couple of summers back and that was only to get out of the crippling heat LOL.... I think I will find someone and go watch the Potter film when its out :)

do they have cinemas in Wales? ;)

x

The Wife O Riley said...

I am also very excited about the Harry Potter movie. I was almost tempted to re-read the book, but decided against it just in case they don't stay true.

LadyStyx said...

I'm with WOR....I refuse to reread the book until after I view the movie. Told hubby that it would be nice to catch ONE of these movies in the theatre. Maybe I'll get lucky and this will be the one?

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
WOW! It worked so well it kept the snow away without you having to turn it on? Now that's a good machine! ;)

Wendy:
I got really upset when Sirius died too. I still haven't fully gotten over it... He was one of my favourite characters. So was the person who dies in the new movie. I wont name names though... You'll know soon enough.

Toasty:
Sure you didn't get teleported to Wales when you weren't looking? LOL!

Yep, you should find someone to go see the film with. If you could get up here I'd invite you to come with us. :)
AK:
Sounds like lovely weather... Not!

Barb:
LOL! Well, at least you know what to do if you're going through a very long, very hot patch of weather. ;)

Wifey:
They always stray from the books a bit. They miss things out, change things, add things... All sorts. It's annoyingg really. I mean, in some cases I can understand because of limitations in films that aren'[t there in books. But some things they shouldn't change, and have no excuse for changing. Like in movie 3... What are Harry, Ron and Hermione doing in muggle clothing throughout the whole movie? I was under the impression that - other than when they're wearing the "Weasley jumpers" all the students were in robes or pyjamas the whole time they were at Hogwarts.

Styxie:
Hope you get to go see the movie.

Tori_z said...

Sorry about the typing mistakes. :(

Deanna said...

It is kinda like when I carry an umbrella - then it won't rain for sure.

Glad you thught to check that cord. Don't you know that you should always listen to daddy?

... waiting for Harry Potter too.

Tori_z said...

Deanna:
Yeah, I've noticed that (about the umbrella).

If I always listened to my Dadi, he'd worry about me. ;)