Thursday, July 02, 2009

Just my Thursday (FD)

Today (Thursday) has been one of those days with weird weather. It's VERY HOT but keeps raining. You'd think the rrain would bring the temperatures down, but apparently it doesn't feel like doing that. Even at 2:15am this morning it was hot enough for us to be sitting by the fan with ice-lollies. I'm not sure what the temperature is, because I can't be bothered to look up our weather. Most days it's been staying around the 30C (I think that's about 92F) mark in the day though, and only going down a few degrees at night.

Anyway...

Today I went with Mam to run a couple of errands. She needed a few things and asked me if I wanted to come along for the ride. I actually needed a few things too though, so we did both our errands at the same time. And Dad spent some time with Kelly while we were out.

While we were out, we spotted some "nepotato chips" (fries). We hadn't seen them before and thought we'd try them. So, when we got back, Mam cooked them for us all to ttry. They got a mixed reception. Dad didn't like them at all, Mam loved them, and Kelly and I were somewhere in the middle... We like them, but as an occasional change only. Meaning, we liked them, but wouldn't want them all the time... They were OK, but not great. Kelly said they were better after he added the things he normally has on chips (salt and - I think - barbeque sauce) on them. I never tried them with ketchup, because I wasn't all that hungry at the time anyway, so I can't tell you if I agree with that or not.

After Mam and Dad left, I went for a nap. I had to... I hadn't been to sleep since yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon, and was finally feeling sleepy. Managed to get about 3 hours sleep. Not solid, but... *Shrugs*... broken sleep is bettter than no sleep at all, right?

Anyway, that's basically my day. A bit more exciting than yesterday, but not by much.

Enjoy the rest of your day, and get well soon to those of you who aren't well at the moment. *Hugs* :)

Tori

8 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Only think I like on my fries (besides a very light salting) is cheese.

AliceKay said...

I like ketchup on my fries.

Hopefully, your weather will change and get a bit cooler and then maybe you'll be able to sleep. The thunderstorms we had earlier brought the temps back down. Very humid out there, tho.

Wendyburd1 said...

I am so sorry you are not sleeping! I know how that feels and it sucks!! I HATE hot weather, it makes me so sweaty which makes me feel so gross! I love french fries, and definitely with salt and ketchup!!

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
Cheese goes grreat with fries. You can keep the salt though.

AK:
We had a rain storm that brought the temp down some in the early hours of the morning, but it's started getting really hot again now.

Wendy:
I'm with you on the feeling gross thing. Do the slightest thing in this weather and you're sweating like a pig, and feeling like you haven't had a bath/shower in days... Maybe even weeks. *Pulls a face*

jewelzmomof4 said...

I like a mixture of ranch dressing and a cajun seasoning on my fries. I sure hope it cools down for you soon.

Tori_z said...

Jewelz:
Not my style... But if that's what you enjoy then go for it.

Intense Guy said...

I enjoy tarter sauce on my fries.

:)

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
Never tried them with tartar sauce. Actually, I'm not entirely sure I've ever even tried tartar sauce.