Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Canada Day / My not-so-interesting Wednesday

Today is July 1st (in case you didn't know). Apparently that makes it Canada Day, so happy Canada Day to anyone who is Canadian, or who feels like having something to celebrate today. :)

It's also Kelly's Grandmother, Sarah's birthday. I doubt she'll see this (I don't see how she will), but I'll say happy birthday anyway!

Anyway...

It's one of those "too hot to do anything" kinda days. The good thing is, I didn't really have anything I needed to do today anyway. So that worked out great for me. LOL!

Well, there was the arrival of our new lawnmower and strimmer. We ordered them Monday, and they came today. But all I had to do is make sure Kero stayed back while Kelly grabbed them and signed for them when they arrived. They said they'd be here "between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm"... I hate when you have to wait all day for stuff. I mean, you could wait all day and they show up at like 5:55 pm, or you could sleep in - figuring they probably wouldn't be here until later anyway - and they arrive at 7:00 am on the dot. But we didn't get the "morning or afternoon?" option. So, I was on morning watch, ready to wake Kelly if he wasn't up when they came. Then he got up at 11:00 am (his usual wake up time) and waited too. As it turned out they arrived around 11:30 am, so I'm glad I didn't make him get up earlier... He's grumpy when he's made to get up early (which is why I tend to let him sleep until 11:00 am unless I "have to" get him up).

Since I only tend to sleep in snatches, it didn't really affect my non-existant sleeping pattern. I was up all night (something I'm used to) and ended up falling asleep around lunchtime (after being up since 9:00 am Tuesday morning). Slept about 4 hours, which is considered a long nap for me. Yeah, I know... Four hours isn't much sleep when you've been up for almost 28 hours, but I just take what I can get. ;)

Anyway, the lawnmower and strimmer were on offer. The mower was at a reduced price. I don't remember what it was meant to be, but it's down to £60 ($120) and the strimmer - which costs £20 ($40) - was free. So, with the £6 ($12) delivery charge, it cost us £66 ($132) for a lawn mower and a strimmer to be delivered to our door. We had to get it quickly though, because the offer is only available until July 24th. After that the stuff goes back to normal pricing. Like I said, I can't remember how much the mower normally is, but I know there's one almost exactly the same in Asda for £100 ($200) so it has to be around that sort of price range, give or take.

Can you tell I don't have much going on right now? ;)

OK, I really don't have anything else to talk about today. Sorry this isn't a more interesting post. Perhaps tomorrow I can think of something more interesting to share? In the meantime, I hope everyone is having a good day, and that you enjoy whatever's left of it. :)

Hugs, healing thoughts and get well wishes to those in need of them!

Tori

7 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

I hate when it's too hot! I never feel like leaving the house and then the girls get really bored and drive me nuts.

It was pretty cold here today. Normally, I wouldn't do anything on a rainy, cold day either, but Erin's here.

Deanna said...

Keep cool, Tori!

It is really nice here in Missouri. We've been doing what we can outside before it gets hot again.

Intense Guy said...

Happy Canada Day! :)

If you turn the lawnmower on its side you can make it an extra (loud) fan!

And I know what you mean, sometimes I wake up grumpy and sometimes I let him sleep in... LOL.

AliceKay said...

The lawn mower and strimmer sounds like a pretty good deal. (you could post of pic of Kelly using them) :)

Hope you're having a good day today. Time for me to get ready for work. *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

Sound like a really great deal!

I'm like Kelly. I generally don't do mornings well.

MarmiteToasty said...

Yep its bloody hot here, hit 91 degrees in the south today, which is to day hot for England lol

Canadians are sexy.... now, I wonder who is married to a canadian LOL

keep cool Tori, lots of ice-lollies :)

x

Tori_z said...

Wifey:
Yeah, having kids aaround does make lounging around difficult. ;)

Hope you enjoy what's left of Erin's stay. :)

Deanna:
I'm doing my best to keep cool.

Hope you get everything done that you wanted to before it gets too hot. :)

Iggy:
That's probably not a good idea... Kero keeps trying to get close to the fan, so I wouldn't like to chance him getting too close to the blades of the mower.

LOL! Kelly has a PJ top that says something simular. It says "Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy" in great big letters, then in smaller letters underneath it says "other times I let her sleep."

AK:
I'll see if I can get one. If I manage to then I'll post it. ;)

Styxie:
I didn't used to do mornings either, but my sleeping pattern is so messed up that I don't actually care when I get up now, as long as I get some sleep at some point.

Toasty:
LOL! ;)

Don't worry, I'm eating plenty of ice-lollies, and have two ice-cube trays we're keeping filled so we can have ice in our drinks. :)