Friday, July 24, 2009

Kero's Korner: Humans

Hi there humans. It's Kero here. You know? That cute little Westie you all love! As you can see, I managed to figure out about using that fox thing instead of the internet thing we were using before. Anyway, this week I'm going to be talking about humans.

Each month Mami gets this thing she puts on me to keep fleas away. I hate the stuff! I've gotten really good at knowing she's got it though, so I hide under Dadi's computer desk. Sometimes she also has some kind of pill she wants me to take. I don't know what it's for. She says something about worms, but that makes no sense to me. Anyway, I don't want to take it, so I hide when I see her with that too. The problem is, she's gotten really sneaky. She called me to her with a treat, and it looked so yummy I just had to go to her (besides, I'm meant to go to her when she calls me). And do you know what she did? She handed me the treat, grabbed hold of me, and put the flea stuff on me. I didn't have time to even get a proper hold on the treat before she'd done it. Sneaky human! That's so not fair! I don't know what happened to the pill. Mami seemed to think I'd had it, but I don't remember having it. All I remember having was some cheese Mami had rolled in to a little ball for me for some reason, and that yummy treat she tricked me with for the flea stuff (which, by the way, was as tasty as it looked).

And there's this other human... I'm not too sure who she is. She comes to see Mami and they talk about that cane thing of Mami's, and the Monday just gone she took Mami somewhere. I don't know where, but I wasn't allowed to go, and they weren't gone long. I know they walked, because I watched from the window. Anyway, I like that human. She makes a huge fuss of me, tells me I'm handsome, and said that if Mami didn't love me so much she'd take me home with her. She says her kids would absolutely love me. But then, who doesn't? I'm a lovable dog! And, she's quite right, I am handsome!

You know what? Humans can be a bit annoying sometimes - especially when I'm trying to tell them something and they aren't listening - but they're smarter than some of us dogs think. And the humans I own are pretty good as humans go. They invite some nice humans in to the house too.

Like Mamgu and Dadci, who kept me company while Mami and Dadi went to see the new Harry Potter movie last week. They're really nice humans too. And I'm such a good boy that they said they'll stay with me some other time if Mami and Dadi want to go out together. And Mami and Dadi brought me my very own burger home with them as a present for being so good. And it was a cheese burger too!

That's all I have to say for this week.


Licks and sniffs,
Kero

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

Mami is pretty sneaky with that flea stuff and pill, but you know it's for your own good. You don't want to get those nasty fleas on you, and you certainly don't need those nasty worms in your little belly. Mami is looking out for you and your health so remember that the next time she "sneaks up" on you.

Sure sounds like you have a lot of people who love you. (and a lot of people who know you are handsome)

:)

Deanna said...

Ah come on Kero, you can outsneak a human any ol' day.
Be nice to that cane lady, she is helping mami create a more independent life for herself!
Later you handsome devil, you.

The Wife O Riley said...

You are definitely one luck little dog, Kero! You did get the pick of the litter with humans.

Intense Guy said...

Hi Kero!

You know whats odd? Those Humans have flavored medicines (especially for kids) for the stuff that tastes really icky - so that should be able to do the same with the worm pills. They should taste like hambuger with cheese, or chips and vinager or something huh?

You are so lovable that even the fleas would love you - and that wouldn't be a good thing. So hopefully you will "Dog Up" and let your human put the stinky stuff on you.

Licks and sniffs!

Iggy

LadyStyx said...

Katy hates those pills too. She's also supposed to have a half of a Benedryl for her allergies. We've tried wrapping them in a cheese ball, but she's gotten wise to our ways and has learned to eat it in little nibbles....then she spits the pill out when she gets to it.

Guineapiglou said...

Aww Kero, Your not the only doggy to who have pill's and flea stuff.
Daisy & Millie had the same stuff as you on monday and so dod the cats, just make sure you dont ever lick it as its not nice.
At least you got a nice treat for it.
Hugs and kisses darling xxx

MarmiteToasty said...

Frontlined our cats yesterday.... bloody expensive but its just something one has to do....

Washing out Iggys mouth with soap for licking and sniffing kero LOL

x

Celticspirit said...

Aside from the flea stuff it sounds like you've had a pretty good week. As far as your humans go, you picked the best ones possible. Other pups are not so lucky. Give them some extra licks and nuzzles. They love you!

Tori_z said...

Yes, I could probably out smart the humans if I tried, but - despite not liking them - I do know the stuff is for my own good really. Besides, I get good treats for letting the humans think they're clever.

And, I'm nice to all humans. I quite like the human who's started visiting Mami. Anyone who gives me that many compliments and tummy rubs is fine with me!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero