Friday, July 17, 2009

Kero's Korner: Favorite Things (FD)



Hi there humans, it's Kero here.

As most of you know, I spent the last few weeks showing you photos of me doing some of the things I enjoy other than napping. Well, after last week's post LadyStyx had an idea that my humans and I think was really neat, so I thought I would share it with you all.

I'm sure you're all familiar with the "My Favorite Things" song, right? Well, if you're not then don't worry, because that nice human Intense_Guy found a link to it for us. So, if you don't know the song (or if you love it and want to hear it again) then click here

Anyway, the following song is based on that one. So, here goes.

Kero's Favorite Things

Wet puppy noses and long walkies outdoors
Bright colour tuggies and wet garden odors
Rawhide pressies wrapped up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things!

Soft rugs with Tiggers and nuggets of chicken
Round balls and squeakies and kibbles that's kickin'
Mild belly rubs with delights that it brings
These are a few of my favorite things!

When Mami sits close and Willow visits
Gold Kero nametags and crunchy dog biscuits
Sleek clean white fur that curls into rings
These are a few of my favorite things!

When the flea bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

When a birdie steals
My chicken nuggets
When I'm getting mad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

-- Idea by LadyStyx
--Lyrics written by Intense_Guy and aproved by LadyStyx

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Hi Kero!

You have such a lovely singing voice! Are you a Tenor or a Baritone?

I hope you enjoy ALL of your favorite things today!

Licks and sniffs,

Iggy

LadyStyx said...

Sounds more like a barkitone to me iggy!

So glad you enjoyed the tune, Kero.

MarmiteToasty said...

LOL@Iggy still licking and sniffing Kero :)

x

Lily (: said...

Haha. Kero's a cutie pie. I can't believe a bird would steal his beloved chicken nuggets! How rude!! haha.
Interesting name for a dog, how'd you come up with it?

Tori_z said...

Iggy:
I'd say Styxie is right... A barkitone.

Styxie:
Thanks for the idea.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Tori_z said...

Lily:
He's named after the guardian beast in the cartoon Cardcaptors. But the name Keroberous (his actual name) is meant to mean loyal protector, and since those are meant to be the main traits of a Westie we figured it was appropriate.

Celticspirit said...

Love the song! I think you should have Mami sing and record it and put it on this blog for you. ;)

Deanna said...

How sweet!

And you, Kero, are one of our favorite things.

Good job Styxie and Iggy.

Deanna

AliceKay said...

Bravo to all involved. :)

Tori_z said...

Barb:
That's so not about to happen!

Deanna:
Kero says thank you.

AK:
Yes, Styxie and Iggy did a great job, don't you think?