Monday, July 27, 2009

July 2009 craft update: of wool and clay

No photos this month, and not a whole lot to say either.

I've almost finished knitting the scarf that will be part of a hat, scarf and gloves set that I'm making for my Mam for Christmas (it's OK, I can mention it on here... She knows she's getting it... She asked for it). But I haven't really done anything else with knitting this past month. I should have had it finished by now, but I've not picked up my knitting for about a week, hence it not being done. Will have it done - and hopefully have the hat at least almost done - by next month's craft update though.

The only other thing I've done is almost finished making the dragon candle holder I'm making out of clay for my Dad (again for Christmas, but he doesn't know about it... He doesn't read my blog though).

Like I said, not much to mention this month.

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

You aren't on a timetable (cept for maybe the Christmas presents) so take it as you go and do what you want to when you want to. :)

Hope you're having a good Monday. *hugs*

Deanna said...

You are focused on other things - such as learning to use the cane properly. The knitting will wait. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures - especially of the clay work!

Intense Guy said...

...someday you will impress the world by doing a video of you knitting with your cane.

:) *Hugs*

I bet that dragon candle holder looks really cool! err... Hot!

Jessica♥ said...

Every so often, I wish I knew how to knit. It seems relaxing. I wanted to learn it this Summer. Maybe I will...

Tori_z said...

AK & Deanna:
True. :)

Iggy:
Not so sure about that idea, lol!

Jessica:
Best way to learn is get what you need and start trying.

LadyStyx said...

Sounds like here, got several projects started and nothing getting done. You've at least got an excuse, where I don't.

Tori_z said...

Styxie:
You have an excuse... Like the fact there are only so many hours in a day. Besides, if you don't feel like doing it then that's a good enough reason not to, isn't it?

Celticspirit said...

I'm still impressed that you are going to make gloves. Now those I want to see. Don't worry about rushing things Tori. You are doing just fine.
Intense guy is being so silly.....knitting with a cane. haha.

Tori_z said...

Barb:
I don't plan on rushing things. :)

I'm making the gloves after the hat. I figure the hat will be easier, so I want to get that done first. Then I'll see about those gloves.