Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Firefox, Valhalla and Tuesday

I've started using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Why? Because auto updates are set up on my laptop (it's easier for me that way) and when Internet Explorer decided to update itself to Internet Explorer 8 Jaws went nuts. It seems Jaws can't recognise the codes in the updated version of Internet Explorer, and I can't be bothered with constantly having to uninstall the update when it comes through. So - remembering about others mentioning using Firefox - I decided to see if Jaws was willing to work with it. It seems to be willing to do so. I've been using it fine for about a week or more now anyway, so that's got to be a good start. :)

Another new thing I've been trying out is a mud (multi user dungeon) game called "Valhalla" that Carl introduced me to. It's the closest we've found to the graphic based games Kelly and Dad love so much (meaning "World Of Warcraft" and "The Lord Of The Rings" and simular games). I've been really enjoying it, and that's the main reason I've not been blogging as much lately. Can't do both after all. Well, not at the same time anyway. I do try to get on the blogs before playing the game - and manage it most days - but yesterday Blogger was being a pain, so I just gave up trying with the blogs.

Besides, I was out most of yesterday anyway. I went shopping with Mam, and we ran some errands, and had food while we were out. Nothing special, we just went to the cafe in Tescos. Actually, I was quite pleased with it. The food was nice, and the price was reasonable, but that's not what I was meaning. I was meaning the fact that - because they didn't have anything other than chips and garlic bread that didn't involve meat or fish - they fried me an egg to go with my chips (even though it was about an hour after the time they're meant to stop doing "breakfast foods"). And it was a very nice fried egg too. Plus - like I said - the price was reasonable. It only cost about £8 ($16) for me to have egg and chips, Mam to have fish, chips and beans, us both to have a drink, and for us to have a piece of garlic bread each. And they were decent sized meals too. Filled me up so much that, even though it was around 12:30 pm we had it, the only thing I ate for the rest of the day was a scone and a few cherries.

Anyway, that's about all I've got to say for now. Hope everyone is doing OK.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day! :)

Tori

9 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

I love firefox...sorry I have nothing else to say! I took my sleepy pills and things are starting to look other worldly...I should scram now.......hmmm....where am I again?

AliceKay said...

If Internet Explorer keeps being a pain, I'll have to think about trying Firefox, too. Right now (thanks to Iggy) I'm keeping the IE-8 update at bay. (it's hidden until it rears it's ugly head again)

Hope you're having a good day today. I go to work at noon today and work until closing. :\

Intense Guy said...

I hope Kero knows to click on the Firefox icon when it comes time for him to write his piece on Friday!

:)

Your breakfast for lunch sounds good. Its been a long time since I've had a nicely cooked egg.

Deanna said...

You might just convince me to try Firefox. I've been avoiding the upgrade of IE and haven't checked Firefox out.

Glad you have a new game and are enjoying it so much and your day out sounds wonderful!

Tori_z said...

*Points Wendy in the direction of her bed*


Iggy:
Yes, he knows. And it's where the Internet Explorer icon was, so that will make it easier for him. ;)

AK & Deanna:
At this rate we'll all be using Friefox instead of Internet Explorer. LOL!

Tori_z said...

*Firefox

I really need to learn to check for typos before hitting "publish"

The Wife O Riley said...

I'm glad FireFox is working for you. I hate when you get updates that are suppose to be so much better and then you can't find anything you used to have or nothing works. Have fun with your game.

Tori_z said...

Thanks Wifey. :)

LadyStyx said...

I've taken to reading the blogs thru only Firefox now. It got to the point I never knew which blogs were going to give me a problem or when they would and , well, when one's own stinkin blog starts giving problems..... It's just a whole lot easier than trying to remember the who and wheres ya know. I got enough to try and remember Bloggerwise anyhow!