Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The beach at Pendine



As I mentioned in Saturday's post, Mam, Dad, Kelly and I went to Pendine to spend the day at the beach. We picked a good day for it... Not many others there, but it wasn't deserted. And, it was perfect weather for the beach too... Sunny and warm, but not hot, with a slight breeze.


Here's a photo of me and my Dad at the beach...



Just me...



Me on the beach with the town/village (not sure which it is... Town, I think) behind me.



Kelly on the beach with the town behind him...



Kelly and myself together...



You can't go to the beach without going in the sea, right? Well, that meant a bit of a walk. It's a big beach at Pendine, and the tide was a fair distance out when we got there. We weren't sure if it was coming in or going out, so we didn't wait... We started walking...



And walking...



And walking...



Until, finally, we got there!



Well, Mam and I did... Kelly was happy to stand on the edge of the water - he had the perfect excuse of taking photos - and Dad stayed a little way back up the beach. But Mam and I agreed that you can't go to the beach without going in the sea.



Even if you don't go deep...




"Don't go too deep, you'll get soaked," Mam said to me. So, I laughed...



Then, I made sure I got soaked. ;)



I did bring aset of clothes to change in to if needs be - though Mam didn't know this at the time she warned me about getting soaked - but I was dry by the time we got back to the car anyway. ;)

I think running most of the way back up the beach probably helped with the getting dry thing. I enjoyed my run up the beach... I don't get to run often... Not properly... It's not safe. The only time I get to run is on the treadmill at the gym, and that's not the same. Nothing beats running barefoot on the sand, with the sea breeze in your hair, and sand flying up in clouds behind you!

We had a lovely day at the beach, and would have stayed longer if we'd known the chocolate farm would be such a waste of time. We only left when we did in an attempt to get to the chocolate farm before it closed. We all ended up wishing we'd stayed at the beach. Mam and I would have gone back in the sea (especially since it had come in some by the time we were leaving) and I'd have made some sand castles afterwards. Kelly and Dad both agreed we should have stayed at the beach too.

Anyway...

That's it for today's post. I have another one scheduled for tomorrow, and another scheduled for Thursday... Both from the beach. I also have a couple of posts set up for Saturday and Sunday. Not actually from the beach, but from the same day. Basically, photos, photos, and more photos! :)


Oh, and... There are more photos of Mam and Dad from the beach, but they're on my Mam's blog.

Tori

12 comments:

LadyStyx said...

*laffin*

"Then, I made sure I got soaked. ;)"

Sounds like somethin I woulda done too.

Deanna said...

Oh what fun! You all looked like you were having such a good time.

Jessica♥ said...

I love the beach! =]

Wendyburd1 said...

It looks so lovely and so FUN!!

Tori_z said...

Yep, it was fun. :)

AliceKay said...

Great pics. Looks like you were all having a lot of fun. Big beach tho....wow. I've never seen one so wide when the tide was low.

Intense Guy said...

I really like the two pictures with you and your men. The one with you taking your dad's arm is touching, and the one with Kelly is so sweet.

How far is this beach from your house? The flat beach and the towering headlands are really a constrast.

Tori_z said...

AK:
It's a HUGE beach! We were there for a good few hours, and didn't walk on even half of it.

Iggy:
Not sure exactly how far... I think it was about an hour we were in the car... Perhaps a little less. I couldn't tell you distance, since I'm not very good at anything bigger than a foot. LOL!

MarmiteToasty said...

oh what a truely loverly post..... and what a great beach WOW..... you did make me laff with the 'then I made sure I got soaked' LMFAO...

love the photo of you and Kelly in matching shorts :) and Iggy is right, the photo with your Dad is very touching....

and your right........ nuffin better then running on the beach barefooted..... Im so glad you had such a wonderful day......

x

Dorkys Ramos said...

Hahaha, the one of you running in the water getting soaked is a really good one. You rebel you!

Tori_z said...

Toasty & Dorky:
Thanks! And... Glad you liked the photos. :)

Sheri said...

Ohh I love going to the beach! :)